Chapter One

Author's Note: This Chapter is basically the reader finding about what was discussed in the Prologue. The next chapter will have more direct interaction between Kylo and the reader as she begins her training (and the actual wedding haha). 

I hope you enjoy! Please leave a vote and feedback if you have the time :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were sitting in one of the Palace's many gardens, idly picking the petals from a sunflower with your mind. You watched with your arms crossed as the petals fluttered to the ground.

No one knew of your powers, and in all honesty, you didn't know much about the extent of them either. All you knew was that the Force flowed as freely through you as the blood in your veins. You sighed as you pondered that thought. Even if your family found out about your Force sensitivity, it might give them reason to further seclude you from the outside world rather than to permit you to explore your power.

"Your Highness," a voice quickly snapped you out of your thoughts and you easily dropped the flower into your grip as if you had been picking it with your hands the entire time.

You stood up from the bench, "What is it?"

"We are expecting a visit from General Hux and the Commander. Your father has requested that you join him in welcoming our guests."

You groaned as she walked off. Though you were yet to meet the Commander, you had recently been acquainted with General Hux when your father secured an alliance with the First Order. He wasn't the most pleasant of people to say the least and you were certain the Commander would be worse.

...

"She's rather good looking, you know," Hux said as the Command Shuttle began its descent.

"And what difference does that make?" Kylo scoffed.

"Perhaps this marriage will be good for you, Ren," Hux smirked.

Kylo growled, "This arrangement is for the benefit of the First Order, nothing and no one else. Do not speak to me of it again."

...

"Your Majesty, I present to you Commander Ren and General Hux of the First Order," the herald announced to your father, who was sitting on a large throne in the centre of the room. You and your older brother were seated on a smaller seat beside him, and your mother on the opposite side.

You kept your eyes plastered to the floor as you heard the distinct sound of boots making footfalls on the hardwood. Your heart began racing as you sensed a shift in the aura of the room. You didn't know if it was fear that you felt, or excitement. Perhaps it was both.

"Your Majesty," a modulated voice quickly sparked your attention and you broke your gaze from the floor to look up at the man that was no doubt Commander Ren. You felt an odd sensation as you locked eyes on him, as if, at that very moment, the Force was trying to tell you something important. At that thought, you noticed the Commander shift his own gaze towards you and your brother, as if he had heard what you were thinking.

"Ah, Commander Ren, allow me to introduce to you my daughter, Princess Y/N and my son, Crown Prince Edmund—and my dear, wife," your father added, gesturing to your mother.

The Commander nodded once. Though you couldn't tell exactly because of his helmet, you felt as if his gaze lingered on you for a moment longer than necessary. You felt the same tugging sensation again. What was the Force trying to tell you?