He Chose Me

The blue-eyed monster flashes his smile at me before he steps away into the crowd. Everyone would think he was looking at someone else, but he wasn't. I smile to myself and take in the air. The smell of gas roams through. Cars honking and people shouting. This is the last day to take in the city.

After I finished college I moved to the city where Asher was finishing up school. Every night we would go out and do something fun. Asher said it was only to forget school, but I think other wise. Today being the day after his last he needed to gather everything. He bought us a house out somewhere in the country. He won't tell me what it looks like or where it is, so it's another surprise.

It took me a while to agree to move in with him. I agreed to it as long as we had separate beds and rooms. He approved and was just mainly happy we get to live together. While he finished school I packed up my things and his things. Two different apartments. Although he shared his room. It was a little awkward with some dude staring at me while I helped pack.

I head back to my apartment and open the door. The little kitchen to my right and bathroom to my left. The living room through that little hallway and then turning left you'd find my room. It was so decked out sometimes I would get confused in there. With so much spare time I just had to find something to do.

I lift a couple of boxes and put them on a baggage cart until it's piled high. My ponytail snags on something and as I walk off it yanks. I shriek in pain and backup. I reach over to the box it snagged on and pull my hair out. I frown at it.

I remember Ever would think if she kicked as inanimate object it wouldn't hurt her again. She turned a corner and hit her head on a door so she kicked it. Asher and I had to hold in our laughter as if nothing had happened.

I open my front door and roll the cart out the door. I turn onto the elevator and hit the P1 button. It takes me to the parking garage where I get off and unload boxes into Asher's truck.

He parked it here this morning and took a taxi to gather things so I could load my stuff. He said to load it in his truck and he will drive me there. He drove his other car down to the house and parked it there so we only had to take one car there. This truck is fairly new too. He bought it a month ago just for the move.

Once all my things are loaded in the back with Asher's stuff I head up for one last check. I look in cupboards and in rooms to make sure. Some hands are placed on my back which cause me to scream.

"Calm down Birdie. It's just me," Asher's voice says. I turn around and seek his ice blue eyes that seem soft and happy. He smirks at me and asks, "Did you check your shower?" I raise an eyebrow and glance towards the bathroom. I shove him out of the way a bit and make my way to the bathroom. I slide open the curtain and I sigh.

"More boxes? Did you put these here?!" I moan at Asher. He comes trotting in with the most innocent smile.

"Maybe," Asher says slyly. He then picks up the boxes and motions me with his head to come with him. I follow him, locking the door behind me.

"I'll go return the key and meet you at the truck, okay?" I ask with more of a informative voice. Asher nods as he takes the stairs. That's not something he would normally do. He would at least take the elevator with me.

~~~

"Wren I'm serious close your eyes and trust me!" Asher says getting irritated.

"Okay, okay! But I swear if you let me run into another wall I will kill you!" I say closing my eyes and covering them with my hands. He takes a sharp turn and I slide and hit the middle consul. "You did that on purpose!" I say and reach for my hip that slammed hard against it.