~His Sunshine~

I sat in my room alone, thinking about the recent happenings in my life. I was scrolling through all the photos of me and Sanskaar in my mobile. These photos were enough to put a smile on my face, no matter what. Every time I look at these pictures, I re-live every moment again and again.

It's almost ten days since Dad has talked to me, and I made my decision of marrying Laksh. Dad was elated, listening to my decision. He couldn't handle his excitement, and since then he got himself busy with all the engagement preparations which is to be held in the next two days.

When I met Sanskaar the next day, and let him know about my decision, he was happy. He gave me a tight hug, saying that he was happy for me, and all that matters is my happiness. He held my hands, and assured that he would always be there as my rock, beside me whenever I need him.

But I had to leave the place immediately, before I let myself break down in front of him. What started as a mere friendship, has grown into something more than what I ever expected. I can't fall weak, or cry in front of him, or in front of anyone for that matter.

Since then, I was trying to avoid staying too close to him. I was afraid of the fact that if I was near him, I would forget the reality, and let myself fall in love with him again and again. We still hangout, but not like we used to. We still talk on the phone, but nothing like before.

About Laksh, he is very good guy, just like Dad said. He was good looking, decent and sweet. Apart from meeting him twice, and talking on the phone a couple of times, I didn't talk to him much. In these few conversations we had, I had formed a good opinion on him. He was playful, yet knows his limits. There was this one time, Sanskaar accompanied me, when I went to meet Laksh. Surprisingly, Sanskaar and Laksh got along well, and soon became friends. Laksh and I, have become pretty good friends, in these ten days, and I was grateful for this.

I was brought back to my senses, when I heard my phone ringing. It was from an unknown number, and what I heard from the other side, as soon as I attended, left me speechless.

~*~

"I'm really sorry to bother you at this hour." I apologized, feeling guilty for asking Laksh to come this late.

"It's fine! Absolutely fine with me. Don't feel bad about it! Besides, your friends are mine too!" He gave me a smile.

"I don't know what happened to him. This is the first time I'm seeing him in such a condition." I told him.

"Swara! Talk to him tomorrow. Everything will be fine. But, if my guess is right, which may not be, he is hurting because of something." I heard him say. Hurting? What could possibly hurt him that made him end up in such a state?

We were returning back home, and I was sitting in the car confused, while Laksh was driving silently. Like literally confused, seeing his state. What do you expect from me, when you get a call at nine in the night, and getting to know that your best friend is in an inebriated condition, having no idea of where he is, and what he is doing?

It was just a shock to me, when I got a call an hour ago, from Sanskaar's mobile, saying that he is totally in a wasted state. It was some working personnel in the bar, who called from Sanskaar's mobile, informing about his condition. I was literally shocked, when I heard this information. I was confused because, as much as I know about Sanskaar, which is pretty much totally, he never touched alcohol. Then what in the whole world forced him to drink and that too, to such a state, that he was not aware of his surroundings.

I didn't know what to do, and the first person who came to my mind was Laksh. I immediately called him, and asked for his help. He was more than ready to help me, and picked me up, before rushing to the address given by the person who called.