Chapter One - Chasing Magcon

Destiny POV

"We finally got here! OMG, I can't believe we get to go to MAGCON tomorrow !" squealed Felicia.

She was jumping up and down next to me as I took our room keys from the receptionist, her pigtails swinging wildly around her flushed face.

I rolled my eyes. I can't believe Felicia made me take her halfway across the country just so that she could come to some concert.

"Only one more night until I get to see him!" Felicia ejaculated loudly, making me flinch.

"Who?" I questioned, feigning interest.

"Shawn Mendez, the love of my life," she let out in a heavy breath.

"Oh of course, how could I not know that?" I replied sarcastically while flinging my arms in the air.

Flicking through the pamphlet that I had picked up from the hotel desk, I noticed that hotel had a swimming pool - finally something to do other than listen to Felicia talk about how beautiful Shawn Mendez was.

As we entered the elevator Felicia couldn't stop bouncing due to her overwhelming excitement; eventually I had to hold her down (or at least attempt to) in order to keep her still.

We finally found our room and I dumped my suitcase on my bed before dashing into the bathroom and slipping on my pineapple-print bikini and sliding on a baggy t-shirt over the top. Grabbing my Converses that I had dumped by the door, I yelled behind me: "Hey Felicia, I'm going downstairs to the pool!"

"Okay, do you want me to come with?"

"I'm good!" I replied quickly before exiting the hotel room.

Crossing through the lobby, I noticed a cluster of at least fifty girls crowding outside the hotel. Some of them were holding signs with various phrases, the majority including MAGCON on them. "Shit" I whispered under my breath, realising this is the hotel the 'talent' must be staying at. I rolled my eyes and continued to the pool.

I opened the steel door to the pool, pulled of the t-shirt that I was wearing over my bikini and chucked it onto one of the spare chairs around the pool. The pool was empty, thankfully - I really needed some quiet after the road trip over here. I sat down on the side of the pool, my calfs immersed in the lukewarm water. Then, I pushed myself into the water.

I swam around for a while before I heard a sound behind me, but I didn't acknowledge it and kept swimming. Then, a loud splash echoed through the room and hundreds of water droplets covered my face. I flicked my head away as a reflex.

I wiped the water from my face and rubbed my eyes to clear my vision. "Sorry, I didn't think anyone else was in here." A voice emanated from behind me. I turned around to see a toned, tanned and tantalising guy, however no matter how attractive he was I didn't come here to meet anyone. He stood with the water reaching his chest, he shook his hair out of his face.

"It's fine" I replied sternly not wanting to continue the conversation further. I started to swim towards the pool edge to leave the pool. As I put my hand on the pool edge, the boy interrupted me.

"You don't have to go" he blurted, while lightly grasping my wrist and turning me around, pulling us face to face. My eyes crossed his for a second before i pulled away and started to swim again while attempting to ignore him. This attempt turned out to be fruitless as a few seconds later he attempted to start a conversation. "So, what's your name?" he asked in an innocent tone.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him quizzically "Why?" I retorted in a tone meaner than intended.

"Just being friendly, I'm Cameron" he punctuated his sentence my holding his hand out for me to shake.