Seventeen

*Erina*
I felt the older lady's gaze on myself. Her scrutinizing gaze looked me over. I wanted to squirm in my seat yet I forced myself to meet her eyes. We both waited for Alex to reply. When he didn't I saw Anna start to answer but I interrupted in between,

" I am your son's mate ma'am. Erina Lucian."

Her lips pursed slightly. Then she said,

" Mate you say...... Ma'am won't do. Erina, call me Clara. Welcome to the family. I wish to meet you in private after dinner if you don't mind." She said.

Though the words were simple. They still brought a wave of nervousness over me. I nodded and then looked at everyone around the table. I guess I will repeat myself very soon. I let out a breath and slipped down in my seat. The dinner was a quiet affair with mainly Alex asking Bianca and Clara about their visits.

" The supernatural society has set up separate camp Alex. Even with their powers they are vulnerable to attacks. Almost every pack' s alpha wanted them to join the pack army irrespective of their age. I almost had to witness a ten year joining the army of the silver claws pack. It was a horrendous feeling. We elders were fortunately able to prevent it."

As the dinner ended, I looked at Alex for some encouragement but he too looked nervous as hell. I elbowed him in the ribs before following Clara to Alex's office. she stood in front of a table placed to the right of Alex's table. then she looked at me.

"Which pack do you belong to?" she asked.

"None." I answered. her eyes flashed with anger. she whipped her head towards the door where Alex was now standing.

"You accepted a rogue as your mate. I an understanding that you didn't interrogate her at all if you are so much at ease in less than two months with her. you better have a good reason."

Till now I knew what a rogue was. 

"Mom. She was a late shifter. She was even living with humans before I basically carried her over here." He said. Clara's eyebrows rose.
"You mean she had to be forced to come here?"

I immediately shook my head.
"I was unconscious when I was brought here."

"You mean you were kidnapped?"
Alex flinched but still replied, "No Mom! I did not kidnap her." This time I turned towards him.
"You did not?" My gaze challenging him to lie. He hesitated. Clara sighed." Stop it. You two and tell me everything."

And so we did.

At the end she only remarked.
"Thank goodness you at least had the sense to do something to keep her here. Comes from me." She looked towards me with an amused expression on her face," His father was a little slow in this department. "

"Not again." Alex groaned.

"She is nice." I remarked once we reached our room. Alex wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

"I can think of someone and something nicer than my mother."
I shivered. I turned to Alex our lips meet. We walked towards the bed without breaking it.

He flopped down with me on his lap as I tangled my hands in his soft hair. His hands roamed on my body making me very hot. I moaned against his mouth. He answered with a groan of his own and deepened the kiss. My hands were playing with the material of his t-shirt just near his neck. We finally broke apart and rested our foreheads together.

"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." I almost replied back in the heat of the moment. Instead I rested my head in the crook of his neck, hoping that he would understand.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I had a pretty good idea who it was.

"Are you done eating each other's faces?" Anna poked her head inside. Alex growled at her. She simply laughed and shut the door again.

"I will have to remember to lock the door from now on"

I giggled from my position. He ward me back and looked into my eyes.

" Shall we sleep sweetheart?"
And just like that my heart melted a bit more.

"Good morning." I was woken by a pair of lips pressed against my cheek. Tingles spread all over my body and I smiled.
" Good morning." I replied sweetly. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a sitting position.

" Come on. We have training."
Wordlessly I rolled out of the bed.

...............................................................