Chapter 9: Starstruck

Kristen POV

After Mika left, it has been hard to forget. He has been gone for two months. It felt like I forgot what he looked like. Our high school is planning our formal. Ross has tried asking me out but I’ve always told him that I can’t or that I’m busy. I feel bad because he’s really hot and he likes me. I feel like I’m wasting the opportunity. I had to keep my promise though. I would only hope that Mika was keeping his end of the promise as well.

Mika’s POV

Two months on tour. It’s been great. I’ve visited The States, France, Italy, and Spain so far. I love being on tour. Being with the band is always a blast. I could never get my mind off of Kristen though. Her face would show up everywhere I went. There’s this one girl on my team. She’s my backup singer. She always flirts with me. I’m not sure why, but it was pretty sudden; like she had never seemed to flirt with me before. She was gorgeous though, which I won’t lie, was one of the reasons I hired her. I could only resist however because I knew that Kristen would be heartbroken. I would only hope that Kristen was keeping her end of the promise as well.

Kristen’s POV

“Kristen?” I turned my head to see Renee at my door.

“Wha.”

“Your friends from school are here.” she said quickly and ran up to her room again. What friends? Jess? Was she here? I slowly got up to walk to the door. I looked through the window and saw a couple student council girls on the door step.

“Hmm?” I asked when I opened the door. The blonde perky girl stood up straight.

“Would you like to help decorate for formal Miss Penniman?” Miss Penniman?

“Excuse me?”

“Well since you are the most popular girl at school right now, you might want to help us. You are going right?”

“I wasn’t planning but—“

“Oh you MUST! Every guy in the school has been talking about dancing with you. Kristen you’ve been the buzz around this campus since Christmas break!”

“Why?” I asked. How was I not aware of this?

“Duh! You’re going out with Mika!” the brunette said.

“It’s all over the magazines and the news.” the blonde said. Oh, uh well first of all, I don’t watch TV and second the only magazines that I see are on display at the grocery store. And I don’t even go to the grocery store! But Renee has surely seen it. Why hadn’t she told me?

“Okay. I’ll help.” I said to them. The dance was tomorrow night. Saturday. That means that Mika and I won’t have our Skype call tonight. I tried calling him but it went straight to voicemail. I wonder why his phone is off. He always has it on. I left a message however and left the house with the girls.

The gym was not even close to being done for formal. I helped by pumping up dead balloons with their helium drug. The blonde, whose name was Marlene, stood on the ladder putting up a huge banner. The brunette, Paloma, worked on setting up tables and ironing table clothes. The theme for the dance was Parisian. I thought it was pretty cool. Nothing cheesy like ‘A night in the Clouds’ or ‘A night On the Town’ Parisian was good and simple. Every corner was decorated with rose petals and in the middle of the gym was a nine foot Eiffel Tower. I texted Jess a picture. She was the most excited for this. It wasn’t even prom; I wonder how worked up she’ll get about that.

We all finished at about 8:30 and I was completely exhausted. I went home to find Jess in my living room. She was half asleep when I walked in.

“Jess.” I said while throwing my jacket at her. She jumped and woke up. I went to the fridge to get orange juice.

“Kristen!” I turned to see her standing there with a huge smile on her face. I shrugged.

“What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“Okay have you got a dress yet??” I shook my head. She waved for me to follower her. She walked into my room and there I saw two gorgeous gowns. She had laid them out on my bed. She was still gushing with happiness.

“What’s this?” I asked amazed.

“Would you care to be my date?” she asked.

“Ha-ha oh Jess! Of course!” I hugged her as she shoved one of the dresses into me.

“Try it on!” I changed into the baby pink dress that had a subtle hi-low hem line. The dress ended at my knees. I spun around for Jess and she clapped for me. She tried the other one; which was the same exact design but was peach. We looked pretty hot I have to say. Formal was going to be so fun.

Mika’s POV

I was planning to pay a visit to Kristen. We were making a stop in the states and I really wanted to see her. I drove the rental up to her house in Los Angeles. I rang the doorbell and Renee answered.

“Oh….my God?” she nearly fell over but I grabbed her hand. She looked up to see my hand around hers and she fell flat on the floor.

“Hello? Renée?” I helped her onto the couch and asked her if Kristen was home. She shook her head.

“She went to a dance” she muffled through her sleeve she was chewing on. My heart stopped for a moment.

“What school does she go to?”

Kristen’s POV

Jess and a bunch of our friends had picked me up at five. When we got there and the kids were already pouring in. Everyone was stopping by just to hi to me. Jess walked off to talk to someone so I stood awkwardly alone. I turned on my phone and saw that Mika had texted me. He said that he was coming to California this weekend. I was so excited. I couldn’t believe it. I wanted to tell Jess but I didn’t want to ruin the night for her if I went home.

After about an hour and a half, the DJ took a break. He left the little area with his music mixers to use the restroom. Then… the most remarkable thing happened. Another man stood where the absent DJ was. He looked awfully familiar. Someone screamed. It was Jess. She ran to me tugging at my arm.

“Dude! How’d he know?” I looked back the guy. A spotlight was now shining on him. It was Mika! I soon felt a spotlight on me. A song started playing. I knew it very well.

“I could be staring at somebody new,

But stuck in my head is a picture of you.

You were the thunder, I was the rain.

I wanna know when I’ll see you again.” Butterflies started attacking the inside of my body. Mika stepped off from the stage and came to me. The whole mob seemed to split in half as he made his way to me. He kept singing to me. Ah this was perfect. I caught a glimpse of Ross standing in the distance. Now he knew why I had said no every time he asked me out. The song ended and Mika hugged me so tight. The gym was aweing and clapping. I felt so special.