The Silent Town

Normal POV

The sun rises, slowly blinding people with it's shiny rays. In the dark room, full of rock bands posters filling the wall, leaving no trace of a wall even being there. The sunlight slowly reaches towards her peaceful form, blinding her dreams with this red and yellow lights. Loud thumps increases at a quick speed, climbing up the stairs. Knocking Is heard at the other side of her room. A mid 40's voice is head, calling the young teenage girl's name repeatedly. 

"Raven!....... RAVEN!!"

"WHAT?"

"You'll be late for your first day of school!"

' Hell, of course! I should have remembered what comes after the vacation.' Raven mumbles, disgusted by the only subject coming in an hour or so.

But she is glad that she only has one year left into secondary school, only one year before she can kiss this hell goodbye. And finally she will be able to start courses she really likes. Classes that will help her into achieving her future goal, becoming the greatest author, everyone will know her name. No one will be able to defeat her, she will be the best author in the world. But it won't be easy. Her notes is not a problem, it's something else, more someone else. Her worst enemy, Cassandra, who is always bullying her and intimidating her, making her feel smaller and weaker. Cassandra wants to become an author, just to crush Raven's dream. She doesn't want to be an author, in the contrary. She wants to become a top model. With her well curved body. Soft peach skin, long blond hair, green eyes. Light pink lips. For sure she'll be picked, every guy in school think she is the hottest. Except the Geeks and the Goths. The hottest guy in school, Brian, doesn't like her. He thinks she's to....cruel and self centred. 

Raven does agree with him, she acts to much like a whore, trying to get in any guy's pants.

After 5 minutes of dressing herself in a black shirt, written on her chest 'DEATH IS THE ONLY SALVATION OF MEN'. A red and black stripped skirt, black wear through leggings and black sketcher shoes. She runs down the stairs, skipping some, grabbing her heavy bag, full of books, crayons and her art book. She runs out of the house, not hearing her mother say 'Have a nice day, sweetheart!'. She closes the door behind her harshly, running all the way towards school, her earphones blasting the song Alone Together by Fall Out Boy in her ears. Blocking any sounds from the outside world. She stops in front of the entrance, groups of people scattered everywhere on school grounds, Saying 'hi' and 'how's it going' or ' how was your summer vacation?' to their friends. She looks around nervously, no sign of Cassandra and her group anywhere. They must already be picking on someone.

Raven gulps, swallowing her saliva increasing in her mouth from the stress. She takes a step, closing her eyes, waiting for Cassandra to pop out of nowhere and pick on her. But nothing happens, she sighs in relief, continuing her walk in piece. Not minding the looks that everyone is giving her. Blending with people when everyone hates your guts is quite hard to come unnoticed. Especially when you are the only one that was born with your natural color of hair, red..... of all colours, could it have been something else. Why did she have to have such a flashy colour?

She took a step inside the school, when someone bumps her harshly, making her fall on her back. Her earphones falls besides her, she sits down painfully, rubbing the back of her sore head. She will have a headache later from the harsh impact. Raven looks up in horror, meeting face to face with none other than Cassandra, smirking down at her. Both her hands on her hips.

"So, we see each other again, ugly!" Cassandra laughs at Raven, her friends those the same, making it sound like a chorus of people singing. Raven gets up, only to finish back down on the ground again.

"What do you think you are doing, b*****?" Cassandra asks, still smirking. Intimidating her. But this time it does not work, instead it pisses Raven off. Raven gets back up again, Cassandra doesn't stop her this time, she only looks at her disgusted.