Part Three

i'll continue sleeping

She kicks the ball out of the field. Her soccer mates collapse into giggles as she sighs, jogging to the basketball courts. She hates it when she kicks out of field.

She can see the soccer ball rolling to a stop in the midst of a basketball game. The boys slow down, looking around, confused.

"I'm so sorry!" Tammy calls out, reaching the edge of the basketball courts.

"You kicked that?" a brown-haired dude asks, flicking his gaze back and forth between the two.

"That was a powerful kick," another guy states.

As she moves closer to the group, her soccer ball is picked up. She looks up and the guy looks familiar.

He has black hair and two earrings on the rim of his right ear.

And she thinks she should remember him.

"Thanks." She takes the ball from him and their fingers touch. Nothing special.

"Welcome," he says, his voice low and rumbling. His lip ring moves with the word.

She suddenly remembers where she saw him.

"Hey, I saw you the other day at the library, right?" She holds the soccer ball against her stomach.

Something in his eyes changes and his lips lift into a smirk. He shrugs.

"The pencil..." she trails off, feeling stupid.

She imagines that his gaze is on her as she runs back to her team members. When she turns around though, he is looking right at her and she thinks that maybe she wasn't imagining.