Pronoun

Select the correct options from the choices given in brackets.

1. How many times has Bill told a lie to ( his, him) father?

2. Where did Sally go with ( she, her) friends yesterday?

3. I love going to the park with Mark, even though ( he, him) is a little odd.

4. The cat was taking care of ( its, his) young.

5. The dog was chasing ( its, her) tails.

6. Many students wonder where ( they, them) will end up after college.

7. A parent always wonder if ( he, she, they) are doing the best for the kids.

8. How many times did Mr. Johnson have to tell you to stay out of ( his, he, him) yard.

9. I don't know what's gotten into the dogs but ( them, they) have been barking all day.

10. Look at the mother and father bird building ( their, its) nest in the tree.

Finish the following sentences by supplying appropriate pronouns in the spaces provided.

1. Plows were invented in Mesopotamia more than 5,000 years ago, and ___ vastly improved agriculture and crop production.

2. John Deer was an American Blacksmith, and ____ developed great improvements to the design and structure of the plow.

3. His wife believed in what he was doing and ____ supported him in all of his experiments and business ventures.

4. The road to starting a business was hard and John wondered at times if ____ will ever see his dream come true.

5. American farmers experimented and tried out John's new plow design and _____ were very impressed with it strength and quality.

6. John Deere sold thousands of plows when he first began to produce and market _____.

7. John Deere moved in Illinois to help his business because ____ was a central spot for farmers and a great place to market his plow.

8. In 1861, Deere incorporated his company and today ____ name is famous for quality tractors and farming equipment.

9. Many agricultural associates in the country recommend _____ brand of tractor to farmers.

10. John Deere probably had no idea how successful ____ would become.