I

I cursed as the cop behind me drives nearby, motioning me to follow him.

It was frustrating. I was already late. snoozed my alarm until I woke up panicking and sweating.
My coworkers already despised me.
Ever since I began to work, they kept pulling tricks and giving me dirty remarks and glares, making me uncomfortable.  I asked my boss's secretary for help, to either change the place I was working in or to shut them off.

But her only reply was, " Why don't you ask your dad for that favor?"

I bit back my anger, anxious I might unleash it unwillingly, and getting fired immediately. So instead, I just nodded, and swallowed their remarks.

As I drove my car next to the cop's, I strolled my windows down, and grinned at him broadly, "What seems to be the matter, officer?"

"Well son, I might need to pull you over to the station for further entail."

I felt my blood go still, and almost shuddered, " Why so, sir?" I tried to be as polite as I can.

- - - - - - - -

As soon as I reached home, drenched with sweat, with my face crimson red, I opened the door to find bloom standing at the front.

"Hello there, baby." I petted her head as she squirmed in pleasure.

I  decided to take a shower to cool off. The water wasn't as I've predicted, it was boiling, yet it made my tensed muscles more relaxed and unknotted their ties.

As soon as I've left the shower, I realized I had forgotten something necessary to do, so I gripped on my towel and unlocked my computer.

I felt some droplets of water collapse into the keyboard, but my mind was elsewhere. My full concentration was on my computer.

Something furry rubbed itself on my leg making me chuckle, " Well, let me guess. I've either forgotten to feed you, or you're far too greedy and need more petting, huh?"

But bloom meowed and rubbed herself more, starting to irritate me. I distanced my legs from her, with my eyes glued on the computer screen. Bloom rubbed herself more. I tried not to wince as I felt heat forming on my legs, " Bloom. "

She was reluctant and rubbed nonstop, "BLOOM." She jumped, startled, then headed to my room door and out.

What was she so determined about? I decided to follow her and check.
I came upon a bunch of scattered envelopes, and gathered them.

I went through envelope to envelope, each contains a bill, while some contains letters from my mother. Though that my mum's letters are reducing and the more days pass, the less I receive from her.

As I flicked the envelope between my fingers, one of the envelopes took my attention. It was colored oddly and seemed extraordinarily compared to the rest of the envelopes I've had. It was red- violet and had the word 'drifted' written on the face of it.

REID WILLIAMS
ST 22
NOE VALLEY
SAN FRANCISCO, USA

I contemplated whether I should rip it open and check its content, and keeping it somewhere safe to read it once I'm free and in the mood, but curiosity was eating me.

And so I sat on the couch, ripped open the envelope.