Chapter Eleven: A Guild Should Believe In Its Members

Around Kira, everyone was fighting against the phantoms. Alzack and Bisca were shooting at them with their Guns Magics, while Cana threw her cards at them. Erza was also in her Heavenly Empress Armor, swords at the ready. Kira also got ready to let loose a series of lightning on the phantoms when someone suddenly grabbed her wrist, pulling her away from the action.

Turning around, she saw that it was Brandon. 

"Let go of me," she growled, yanking her hand loose. She tried to run back to where the others were, but a wall of fire suddenly appeared in her path. As she tried to step around it, the wall only expanded until she was completely surrounded by a box of flames. She could easily exhaust them with her water, but she didn't want to waste any of her magic. However, as she turned to face Brandon, she felt she wouldn't have a choice.

"What is your problem?" she yelled at him. "I get that you hate me and all, but can it wait until later? I have to help the others fight."

Brandon crossed his arms. "You've cha--"

"Cut the crap!" Kira cut in. "Don't you get it? I'm not going to hesitate to fight you, now. I just don't want to waste my magic power on someone like you."

Brandon's eyebrows were slightly raised, still surprised that Kira had interrupted him. "Does this have something to do with your talk with Erza?" he finally asked.

"So what if it does?" Kira countered. Brandon glared at her and she flinched until she realized that she was submitting to him again. Instead, she glared back, crossing her arms. She had promised Erza that she would help defeat Phantom Lord, for Lucy and the guild's sake. And no one, not even Brandon, would stop her from doing so. If she ended up having to use her magic, she wouldn't hesitate.

And now seemed like a good time to do it.

"Water Turbine!" A vortex of water shot towards the flames and they disappeared temporarily, giving Kira enough time to slip free. "Tornado Storm!" she yelled, aiming her palm at Brandon. 

Eyes wide, Brandon tried to escape, but he was eventually sucked in. Grinning to herself, Kira decided to try out what she had been practicing. After all, she couldn't waste this on just one person. 

Kira slowly moved her palm to the right, lifting it so that it was facing the phantoms which were still in the air. At first, the tornado refused to budge, but it finally moved little by little, until it completely lifted in the air and took off. Kira grinned as it wiped out more than just a few of them at once, but the tornado immediately dropped to the ground as soon as she lowered her arm slightly. Luckily, the phantoms were now gone, but Brandon was lying on the ground, eyes still spinning.

"Kira!"

Kira turned and saw Erza as she ran her sword through fifteen phantoms at once. 

"Don't let the phantoms touch you!" she shouted. "Loke said they're cursed. They'll suck the magi out of you at once."

So that's why many of the members are on the ground, Kira speculated. Shooting Erza a nod, Kira finally began to fight the phantoms.

"Lightning Strike: Target Locked!"

About fifty of the phantoms closest to Kira dropped immediately, but half of them got back up, and the ones behind them hadn't been hit at all. 

"Damn it," Kira hissed. It seemed as if there was a limit to her Lightning Strike, something Kira hadn't realized before. She would have to use more methods to get them all down.

Next to her, Alzack and Bisca were also taking out a handful of the phantoms. They disappeared instantaneously, but reappeared as quickly as they had "died."