Chapter 1

The smell of nail polish filled Akdain's nose as she did her finger nails, glancing at Sonya every so often. She knew it was wrong, Sonya was in a relationship with Jonathan after all. Yet, she couldn't control herself, she's known Sonya for so long, much longer than Jonathan. 

 Besides, they had a connection, she doubts Jonathan even knew Sonya's middle name. But that's besides the point, she needed to get closer to Sonya. Prove to her that her connection with Jonathan was nothing compared to the years of friendship they've shared.. but how? And then it dawned upon her.

Akdain's POV

I get up, walk over to Sonya and sit down next to her. "Want me to do your nails?" She grinned at the idea, her smile was practically perfect, god why can't she be even a little bit gay. 

 "Yeah sure, sounds like fun!" She said, looking at me directly in the eye, throwing me a bit off guard. 

 I reached for her hand, and then asked, "What color do you want?". 

 She smiled as she said, "Anything you think looks cute." So, automatically I chose blue, I've always thought blue looks amazing on her. Then all of a sudden, Sonya's phone goes off. 

 "Oh my god it's Jonathan!" She jumps, fucking up her nails, but she doesn't even notice. She answers the phone, and all of a sudden starts going off about hell knows what with him. It pisses me off seeing, let alone hearing, them together, so I decided to get up and go take a walk. 

 She looked at me, "Where are you going?" 

 "Don't worry about it." I replied, brushing off her question. She knew I didn't like Jonathan, but she didn't know the full story.

Sonya's POV

Why does Akdain always get so mad whenever Jonathan comes up, I thought to myself. He was a great guy, yet Akdain could barely even stand him. Then all of a sudden I hear a loud "Sonya?" in my ear, I completely forgot Jonathan was on the other line. 

 "Oh my gosh hi, sorry I dozed off there for a second." 

 "Hopefully about me, right?" I heard the questionable sound in his voice, ever since Akdain and I started hanging out at my house, he's been a bit protective. Yeah Akdain's bi, but that doesn't mean he can't trust me, nor her. She knows Jonathan and I are a thing, she wouldn't try to get in the way of that. 

 "Yeah absolutely!" I said, in a half cheerful voice. 

 "Oh.. I'm g-g-etting bad con-" I hang up the phone. Hopefully he bought that. I get up to and go towards my window, looking for Akdain, and I see her, face down in the dirt. My heart drops. 

- Submitted by s_erenity