Chapter One

Chapter 1: Reunion

I woke up on this chilly Monday morning to ice cold liquid drenching my head and face. My eyes shot open but immediately closed because of the sunlight shining through my shutters. I sat up quickly to get a glimpse of my brother, Charlie, sprinting out of my bedroom door. 

"CHARLIE FREAKING MICHAELSON! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING?!" I screamed as I got up to run after his soon-to-be-dead-ass. 

"ZOE, I'M SO SORRY, I NEEDED TO WAKE YOU UP! I SWEAR I'VE TRIED EVERYTH..." He yelled, running as fast as he could but ,obviously, he knew he was doomed, considering I'm the fastest student in Brighton High School. 

"So you chose to cover me in FREEZING cold WATER?!" I cried, grabbing his arms and pinning them to his back as I straddled him from behind.

"Zoe, I'm begging you, please, please, please don't kill me....Mom gave me permission! I swear!" I heard Charlie's muffled pleading from underneath me. 

"MOM! WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!" I yelled down the hallway. 

"Sweetie, you know you sleep like the dead! It was the last resort! Now get ready and come down here and eat something!" I heard her reply in her soft voice. 

I groaned and got up from off Charlie's back. He grunted as he tried to stand as well. 

"Never wake me up that way again." I hissed threateningly and walked back towards my room at the end of the hall. I shut my bedroom door and sprinted towards my iPod speaker, pressed the button and started blaring out 'The Pretty Reckless'. I could almost hear Charlie's groan from his room across from mine.

I picked out a some dark, boot cut jeans, a light yellow tanktop and a long sleeve ,black, leather jacket, and hopped in the shower. After I made sure I smelt like cinnamon, I got dressed and blow-dried my long, red hair. When my hair was straightened and soft, I brushed my straight, white teeth, put on some light mascara, and some chapstick. 

And thats when I smelt it. The beautiful aruoma, It was intoxicating, and I had no choice but to do what my feet wanted to do, and that was follow it. I walked into the kitchen to find the beautiful smell on a plate with scrambled eggs and bacon, hashbrowns. Oh how I LOVE my Mom's homade hashbrowns. 

 I had just sat down and started eating when I heard a crash from the stairs. My eyes widened and I ran to the noise, just as I heard a groan come from Charlie. Oh crap. 

I burst through the opening to see my brother in a heap on the floor of the staircase. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. Ahh, my older, clumsy,  mess of a brother. 

I helped him to his feet and smacked him upside the head. 

"Ouch! What was that for?!" He asked rubbing the sore spot. 

"For waking me up with water, now c'mon, let's go, I need to drive you to school." I sighed, as I picked up my bag and keys, put on my converse and started walking to my crappy, navy blue truck. 

Once we got to school, and I got out of the car, I started to make my way towards my group of friends. Which consisted of couples. Marcie and Daniel, Nikki and Jackson, Ariel and Marcus, and Jessie, Neile and I. When I reached them all, I greeted them, then realized class started in ten minuites so we needed to hurry and leave now, especially since I have Mr. Zelkie. Never accepts tardies, your either on time, or in detention. 

I scurried past couples, teachers and janitors to make my way to room 327 when an rather large hand  latched roughly onto my forarm. 

"Lo siento, can I ask were room 274 is? You look like a nerd so I thought I should ask you." A husky voice asked. A very, VERY familiar voice, might I add. I remembered him. His familiar, masculine scent washed over my face as I glanced up to meet his beautiful brown eyes. Oh crap, I can't do this, I can't do this again. Oh shit. Recognization flashed across his gorgeous features. 

"Zoe?"

"Jordan..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

:) 

COMMENT

VOTE

LIKE