Believing in One Another: A Jack and Elsa Story

Once Upon a Time…

Elsa stared out into the snow that began to cover Arendelle. It looked so beautiful and she was upset that she couldn’t go out and build a snowman with her sister, Anna. In fact, Anna had already knocked on her door and asked her to come out and play. It saddened her, but she turned down the offer. She couldn’t hurt her little sister again.

She sighed and placed her chin in her small hands as she continued to stare out the window. “Hello!” A face had suddenly appeared in front of her window with a grin on his face.

Elsa shrieked and fell backwards. The figure, a boy older than she, opened the window and came into the room. “You can actually see me?”

“Well yes,” Elsa said quietly, shrinking away. She wasn’t sure if she was more afraid of him hurting her or the other way around. Either way, a strange boy had still entered her room. “Who are you?”

The boy smiled. “I’m Jack Frost.” He seemed to be on cloud-nine. He held some sort of wooden staff in his hands.

Elsa’s eyes widened. “So you are real!” she said happily.

Jack Frost nodded and held his hand out for her to take. “Yep! Now, do you want to come play with me?”

Elsa stared at the hand like it was the plague. “I am afraid to hurt you,” she said quietly.

Jack smiled softly. “Don’t worry. You can’t,” he reassured her. Elsa looked up into his light blue eyes. She trusted him. She believed in him. She winced as she placed her hand in his. She slowly opened one of her eyes and gasped. His hand was freezing cold, but it wasn’t her fault.

“See? I am kind of like you,” he grinned. Elsa returned with a cheeky smile.

“Can we build a snowman?” she asked him.

Jack beamed, “I think that would be fun.” He took both of her hands and prepared to lead her outside when she slid her hands out of his. She wasn’t quite ready for that.

Her gentle fingers flailed out and a giant snowflake appeared near the ceiling. It lingered in the air for sometime before bursting into thousands of tinier snowflakes that quickly covered the floor. Jack looked around in amazement. “This is amazing!”

He began to roll the ball that would form the base and Elsa worked on the body. Together, they formed the head and placed it on top. Elsa removed two button from an old dress in her wardrobe and placed them as eyes. “Olaf. I always name my snowmen Olaf,” Elsa stated. She hadn’t built a snowman since that fateful night with Anna several months ago. “He likes warm hugs.”

Jack smiled and gave Olaf a hug. “Like this?”

Years past and Elsa never saw Jack again. She became queen, accidentally froze all of Arendelle, realized her potential, and was captured by Prince Hans. She stared out of her cell. She could clearly see the damage she had done. She had covered the land in snow and bitter winds, the harbor was completely iced over, and everyone who had come to her coronation was stuck in the nasty weather.

To make matters worse, everyone decided that keeping her locked up was the best option. They did place metal cuffs that covered her entire hands to try and refrain her abilities, but it wouldn’t do her any good though. She could still hurt people. She needed to be free and far away from everyone.

“It looks like you’re in some trouble,” a voice spoke quietly as they entered the room. Nostalgia overcame Elsa and she turned to the speaker.

Elsa was taken back. “Jack?”

Jack walked over, his bare feet silent against the cold ground. “Hello, Elsa. Queen Elsa, now.” He bowed his head.

Elsa turned her head away. “I am not worthy to be Arendelle’s queen. Do you not see what I have done?” she said sorrowfully.

Jack gently placed his hand on her shoulder. He hadn’t aged a day. His hands felt the exact same way they did when she first met him. “Elsa,” Jack spoke quietly, “you may believe in me, but I think it is time you started believing in yourself. I always have.”