prologue

Luhan glared at his boyfriend, Sehun, when he saw the younger taking down all their professor's chitchats for today's educational tour. He wasn't supposed to be here. He'd rather stay on the comforting touch of his bed sheet and sleep all day long. They are on a museum. Fucking museum and Luhan is not amused. Of all places, why the damned museum? Artifacts, bones, and old treasures weren't even his forte.

Out of gloominess, Luhan walked around the museum, trying to entertain himself. Sehun's eyes trail where his deer hyung is up to. He followed the older. "Hey hyung, where are you going?"

The older of the two ignored the latter as he continued walking through the museum's pavement. He stopped on his tracks when he spotted an old scroll that was rolled inside a dusted glass. It seems old enough because of the dark spots surrounding its suface. "What is that?" Luhan asked his boyfriend.

"Uh, a scroll?"

"Stupid. Take it out of the glass. I want to see it." Luhan tugged Sehun's shirt, whining like a baby himself.

Sehun shakes his head in disapporval. "We should go back, hyung. Let's respect the museum's privacy. In fact, we're not even allowed in this area so we have to go," the younger smiled to convince the older.

Luhan pouted and then sighed. "Okay then. I don't know but that scroll somehow has something on it. Like a force, just like that?"

Sehun chuckled. "You're so cute,hyung."

Luhan rolled his eyes and turned heels to go back in the lobby. But before they could return, the said glass suddenly crashed into thousand pieces, the scroll rolling on the carpeted floor. Two men widen their eyes because of what happened. Okay, what just happened? Luhan nervously tugged his boyfriend's shirt and picked up the old scroll. He gave it to Sehun, telling him to read what was written inside. Sehun was scared but he can't say no to his deer hyung, so he unfolded the scroll until it touches the ground. There, words written in chinese character. Heol. This was like thousands of years ago!

"Translate it for me, Sehun." luhan asked his boyfriend since the latter can read and understand these characters.

As the moonlight shines in the
midst of darkness,
Your smile astounds the blinding light

Hail falls deep within winter,
Yet thy presence enough to
melt them in one piece

Raging ocean waves, calling my name,
I'm running for it,

But in the end of the day, I'm coming
back just to be with you

Time ticks by,

Hands of the lone pendiulum, bringing the lonely prince back in time

Deity was not the one on the fault

Because time,

It was time all along.

- the crown prince