Chapter 1-"Do you take Chase Roberts to be your husband?"

"Do you take Chase Roberts to be your husband?”

*****

“Adrianna wake up! It’s your big day today! Come on wakey wakey” I could hear my mom shout, interrupting my beauty sleep. I was really dreading this day. All I wanted to do was just stay in this hotel and sleep all day without any interruptions.

“Okay, okay! I’m awake already for goodness sake!” I shouted back at my mom as she had started pulling the bed covers off me. Everyone else around me was awake and finished bathing.

“Good, go take a bath then you will get your hair and makeup done then you will get dressed. Quick! For goodness where is the wedding dress?” My mom asked looking around the room and glaring at the people around her who were now piling out of the room to look for my wedding dress. Yeah, the wedding dress I hadn’t chosen the wedding dress I hadn’t wanted, the wedding dress that my controlling mom had chosen. To be honest she had chosen all this day to be my big day. She had chosen where I was getting married and the decorations. She had chosen the guests who were meant to be invited and mostly she had chosen that I get married to my boyfriend Chase Roberts. We had been going out for 4months and my mom thought we were ready to get married. I was against the idea but the controlling woman had secretly told Chase that I was ready to get married and so then a month ago chase had proposed to me. I couldn’t say no to the cute brunette boy whose green eyes were so adorable and his smartness and all that. Mom probably just wanted me to get married to him because he is rich so she probably thinks that she will be getting a share of the richness.

Anyway I went and tried to take a long bath but NO my crazy mother kept on banging on the door and telling me to hurry up.

“Go away mom!” I exclaimed as I got out of the bath tub.

“No you are taking too long, you are going to be late to the church and besides you still need to get your hair and make-up done!” She exclaimed back

“Controlling freak” I said under my breath

“What was that?” she asked. I thought what I said wasn’t that loud.

“Err um, nothing”

“No you did say something, it sounded like continent feet, anyway get out of there already!” She said and I gave a sigh of relief as it turned out that she hadn’t heard what I said but continent feet? Seriously why would I say continent feet!? How did controlling freak seriously sound like continent feet! Wow there is seriously something wrong in my mom’s brain.

I got out of the bathroom before my mom could break the door with her banging. I got my brown hair curled and my light makeup was put on my face. All that was left now was for me to wear the dress and the shoes.

“Here it is!” My mom squealed like a little girl as one of my brides maids came in holding my dress in this big plastic cover. Mom took it out and I just looked at it without that much interest. It was a white long like dress; it had short sleeves and a V-neck not showing that much breast, the skirt looked a bit flowery and it wasn’t that wide. It was a nice dress but not the type I would have chosen to wear on such a special day. It would have probably looked nice on someone who actually wanted to wear it.

I realised that everyone was looking at me expectantly. Wait was I supposed to say something or do something? Did I have anything on my face? Oh God maybe I had messed up my makeup when I had thought I had an eyelash in my eye.

“What?” I finally asked

“Get dressed!” My mom said giving me the ‘duh’ look. My three bridesmaids piled out obviously going to get dressed. I didn’t know what dresses my mom had picked out for them. I had obviously had no participation in this whole wedding plan thing because my mom had decided to takeover I tried getting dad to tell the crazy woman that I didn’t want to get married but all he said was “Listen to your  mother”. That’s how supportive my dad was. Mom was basically the leader of the house whilst dad just sat back and watched not having that much of a say.