Chapter 23

Hey everyone, I just thought I'd let you all know; I'm at a standstill with my writing for this story at the current moment. I have tons of ideas, and I'm a few chapters ahead of what is being posted, but everything needs planning and then of course I have to actually write it. I'm just letting you know now in case there is a week or two where the updates get postponed because of the writer's block I had been suffering from for the past little while. Nonetheless, enjoy this chapter!

White. The colour of snowy days and frosty mornings. The colour of fluffy clouds and flying birds. The colour of a beautiful bride on her wedding day.

I didn't visit her for nearly three months after her boyfriend proposed. I preferred to spend my time moping about and feeling sorry for myself, rather than realizing that she was happy with her fiancé. I could've been much more productive with my time, but instead I had to take a step back and wallow in my own sadness.

You're pathetic.

Thank you for pointing that out.

You let yourself get wrapped around a human's finger.

I can see that.

And now she's marrying someone else and you're acting like a child who hasn't gotten his favourite toy.

Yes, I get it! I'm a deplorable person. Now may I continue?

Fine.

The wedding, as I understood, was set for the September. September was her favourite month. She loved those warm, golden days, when autumn had begun but it still felt like summer. Apparently her fiancé shared her love of fall, because he was very happy to set the wedding date for September 17th. I disliked their compatibility. I disliked him in general, really. But that was probably the jealousy in me.

I visited her a few times after I got over my child-like pouting. I had to smile a little when I saw her looking so happy and healthy, particularly when I saw her out shopping with her best friend.

The two were walking down the main street of the city, heading towards the bridal shop to choose a dress for the maid of honour. They were laughing and smiling and making jokes. I followed a ways behind them, watching the back of her hair bounce in the wind. I walked into the quaint little bridal boutique after them and sat down on a satin-covered stool. They walked up to the lady at the front desk.

"We're here for the two o'clock appointment with the head designer."

"Of course, if you'll take a seat she'll be right with you. Help yourself to the coffee maker if you'd like."

I watched as they sat only a meter from me.

"I can't believe this is actually happening!" she said breathlessly.

"I know! When we were little we always joked about getting married, but now you're going to be walking down the aisle in two months!"

The chattered together happily, as two best friends would.

"Ladies, are you here for the two o'clock appointment?" An older woman in a bright pink skirt and jacket walked into the parlour.

"Yes, that's us!"

"And which one of you is the one getting married?"

Her best friend pointed at her with a smile, and she blushed slightly. I smiled, reminiscing about our time together.

"Ah yes, come with me and we'll get started on choosing the perfect dress for your maid of honour!" The three walked out of the room into the back.