Twenty Two. An Elegant Celebration

When we reach the car, my parents were outside and leaning at the car waiting for us.

"Let's go. I'm starving."  I said upon reaching them.

"Wait, I haven't given you my graduation gift."  My father said smiling while reaching out from his pocket and  I notice my Mom with a broad smile.

"Oh, your surprise.  I wonder what it is."  I said clasping my hands.

My Father then produced a small rectangular black box.  Is he giving me a jewelry?  A diamond necklace maybe.

"Congratulations Honey."  He said while handing me the small box.

When I open the box, my eyes widen at the sight of the small rectangular object with the  prominent logo of Audi.  I look up to my father and I saw them step aside from the car. The car that we used was not actually rented!

"That...car...is...mine?!"  I asked really surprised. My Father nodded.

"Oh my gosh Dad, thank you very much!  This is awesome!"  I said throwing my arms to my father and then to my mother.

"Do you still have your driver's license?"  My father asked.

"Yes.  It's still valid but it's Northern Ireland  license."  I said.

"You can use it here."  He said,  Then I turned to Álvaro.

"I have a car."  I said with a broad smile on my face.  He winked at me.

"Do you want to drive?"  My father asked smiling.

"Not tonight Dad, maybe I'll just sit at the passenger seat to see how to use the key because it looks a bit complicated?"  I said showing him the key that resembles more like a small remote control rather than of a car key.

So I sat beside my father at the front and Álvaro, at the back with my mother.  My Dad showed me how to use the key and what are the different buttons are for.  I can't believe that I have a car, finally! 

"Dad, thanks again."  I said kissing him on his cheek, and he smiled.

"Where are we going Dad?  Don't tell me there's another surprise."  I said giggling.

"No Honey, we'll just have dinner in the city."  He said smiling.  I nodded.

"Álvaro, when are you going back to Spain?"  I suddenly heard my mother said.

"End of this month, Ma'm."  He replied.

"Then, when will you visit my daughter again?" She said sounding a bit intimidating.

"Mom!"  I said glaring at her.

"I'm just asking. I don't want you to keep your hopes up."  She said raising her hands and glancing at him.

"Whenever I have a chance, I'll come back here to visit her."  He replied softly.  I glance at my father to ask for help.

"Clarisse, I'm sure they already plan how to make this long distance relationship works, right Álvaro?"  He said looking at the rearview mirror.

"Yes sir."  He replied.

"See.  So please let them handle it.  Stop worrying."  My father said again glancing at my mother.

"Okay, fine. It's just, mother instinct."  She said.

"Don't worry Mom, I got it."  I told her smiling.  Though in my mind,  I'm worried because I don't know if we can handle it.  What if he meet some beautiful Spanish model there?  Footballers like models. Almost all the WAGs are either models or actress, and I'm neither.   I feel a tight knot in my stomach at the thought of  it.