I hope it's not love

“Hurry up, Ashley before you get in trouble.” Amanda said.

“Ok. Ok. I will.” I said. Hi, I’m Ashley White. I am working here in this Alpharetta Hospital for the summer. I am here because I need the money and since I need the practice if I ever I want to become a doctor.

“Ok Amanda I’m done. Are you happy?” I said filling out my name in a form that I had in my clipboard.

“It’s not that I am happy or not Ashley is because If anyone catches you doing your college application right now on your turn they can fire you. And I know that you need this job.”

“Yeah your right . But it’s just I want to get it done as fast as I can. Plus it isn’t so busy today.”

“ Ok whatever you say. Wait aren’t those college applications due until a month before you graduate?” She asked puzzled.

“ Yes. But I like to have things ready.” I responded.

“What a year and a half early?” she asked

I made her a face, while mocking her. “what a year and a half early?

She started to laugh.

“It’s not funny Amanda.”’

I grabbed my clipboard ignoring her. I started walking very slowly without looking up. When I heard a man’s voice.

“And this is our youngest intern yet. She is brilliant. To bad we only have her for the summer.” Dr. Downing said. Dr. Downing is our boss, he owns the hospital.

“Why I’m very…” I stopped and looked up to see a gorgeous new face. It wasn’t from Dr. Downing. I mean not that he’s ugly. He’s pretty decent. Anyways the gorgeous new face had black hair, a sweet innocent smile and amazingly blue eyes. I looked at him for a very long time, well it seemed like a long time but it was only for a about 3 minutes, it seemed like forever. But thankfully I quickly recovered and said “Flattered. Why I’m very flattered sir.” Hopefully I didn’t stare at him so much that he noticed. Ugh!

Dr. Downing smiled at me and said. “Ashley this is Kyle Waters. Kyle Waters meet Ashley White.”

“Hi” We both said at the same time.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.. Uh .. Dr. Ashley?… Ashley?” he quickly said after he figured that we said hi at the same time with a british accent.

“ You can just call me Ashley.” I responded. “And yes it is a pleasure to meet you as well Dr. Kyle.. Uh Kyle?”

“ Kyle.” he said with his sweet smile.

" Kyle." i responded back with a big smile.

"Ashley! Hurry up, we have to..." Amanda began. She stopped as soon as she saw Dr. Downing.

"Is she needed anywhere Ms. Jerkins?" he asked Amanda.

"Yes sir. She is needed in room 546, the patient needs a sponge bath." She replied. But she continued when she saw the expression on Dr. Downing's face.

"But if she is busy at the moment, i will do it."

Dr. Downing seemed pleased with her answer but quickly said. "No, we were just finished, but thank you, for trying to help."

"Ashley will you please show Kyle around he will be working here, he is a transfer from England, and most things over there are quite... different."

"Yes sir, i would love to." I said with a big smile.