Prolouge : Hello, Hope's Peak Academy?

A strange sound ringed I my head. In what seems to be the empty dark space, my body felt heavier, almost like I was falling. I took a deep breath as I felt my heart beating faster while falling. Then, the sound slowly changed into something... familiar... Light started to engulf the darkness that was the space I was in. Before realizing it, I opened my eyes.

"So, I woke up from a dream huh?" I thought to myself.

  With my still hazy vision, I began focusing on the object siting right in front of my eyes, as I was lying sideways while sleeping. It made the same ringing sound that woke me up. Not surprisingly, it was my alarm; at 5:30 it was just doing its job. I reached out my hand and turned the ringing off. I raised my head and start navigating what's around in my room then stood up to look up the calendar. The date July 20 was circled, which reminded me of what day it is.

  With a smile on my face, I began to run to the door that leads to the balcony of the apartment. As I slid the door open, I took a breath of fresh air and started to watch the city. The sun was still rising, and even though I couldn't see it directly, I could see its amber glow mixed with the still dark starry skies. The morning sky and the city itself are indeed beautiful, but only one caught my gaze. It is not the tallest structure in the city, but it stood like no other structures. It has its own distinct feeling. It was almost like... the world itself revolves around it...

Hope's Peak Academy...

  It brings into students from every field imaginable. A government-funded school of privilege... They say that if you come here and manage to graduate, you'll be set for life. Heck, maybe even more set for life then most adults. That is not a joke or an exaggeration at all. With hundreds of years of tradition, it sends the cream of the crop into the work force every year. It was built to raise hope in the nation's future. Which makes Hope's Peak a pretty fitting name... I think...

  Being a government funded school; you don't need money to attend it. In fact, there are only two things you need to attend this school. One, you have to already be attending high school. Two, you have to be the best at what you do, and by that, probably means being the best in the country if not the whole world. Since no ordinary student could enroll and there are no entrance exams, the only way is to be scouted by the school itself.

  Basically, it means that the students of Hope's Peak are chosen based of their talents. And once they are chosen, they will get the title of "Super High School Level", or "Ultimate" as some people would say.

Even just thinking about it now still makes me smile.

  And on that day, July 20, was indeed a very precious day for me. It was the day where I felt like no other thing can indeed describe my happiness. It was when I felt I have indeed become someone else entirely new. Because... that day...
That was the day I entered Hope's Peak.

  Being as exited as I was, I even did some... preparations... and by that I mean doing research on the newest students and some other stuff. Of course, I can't find everything on the Internet but general information of the known students is important nonetheless. Heh, I guess I should stop talking about that.

Now, what was it that I do so good that I made it there?

Well... it's nothing.

  I suppose my skills were not high enough for the school's standard itself. Then how the hell did I make it? Well, to be honest, I didn't, not in the main school system that is.

I was a part of the reserve course.