Chapter 5: I'll do it

Harry quickly took his top off and scrunched it up, applying pressure to JJ's gaping wound. He howled in pain.

"We, we've got to phone an ambulance. We've got to get you to a hospital. We-" Simon spoke frantically, looking between JJ and the other boys.

"Simon....stop" JJ said quietly.

JJ slowly reached out and latched onto Simon's arm, wincing in pain.

"I'm sure there's something we can do, I'll go get the first aid kit from the bathroom" Vik joined, trying to think of any rational ideas.

Vik left the group and ran to one of the bathrooms, returning quickly with the small first aid bag. He flicked through it, taking out some bandages, antiseptic cream, and aspirin.

"Is all we have" Vik said with a slight sigh.

"Just give me the fucking aspirin now" JJ demanded before grabbing the packet out of Vik's hand and polling a couple of the pills.

"We need to get you bandaged up. Let's take you through to my room." Vik said, still clutching the cream and bandages.

Vik, JJ, and Simon hurriedly made their way to Vik's room and all day on the bed.

"This is going to hurt a little" Vik said slightly nervously as he opened the antiseptic cream.

"Okay I lied, it's going to hurt like hell. You might want to bite down on something" he added, looking at JJ.

Simon looked around and grabbed the nearest pillow.

"Bite on this" he said whilst forcing it into JJ's hands.

"I'll....I'll be fine" JJ replied through painful breaths.

"Just shut up and bite on it Mr huge Ego" Simon demanded.

JJ accepted the demand and lifted the pillow up to his mouth, clamping his jaw down on it. Simon slipped his hand onto JJ's and their fingers intertwined.

Vik took a deep breath and began to apply the cream. JJ squirmed violently as he screamed into the pillow. Simon was convinced that JJ was going to snap his hand right off. A minute or so passed and the cream was applied. Vik moved onto applying the bandage, which stung a whole lot less.

After he was patched up, Vik and Simon both demanded he lay down on the bed and rest. It wasn't like there was much else that could be done.

Vik went out into the hallway to speak to the others.

"Well the screaming didn't sound good. Is he okay?" Ethan questioned as Vik walked up to them.

"He's-I, I mean he's as okay as he can be in the circumstances he's in" Vik replied with a slight shrug.

"I think Harry, Ethan and I should go check the damage downstairs and see what we need to patch up and block with furniture. But, I don't think it's safe here anymore" Josh spoke with a slight restlessness.

"I don't think we should think about leaving the house until JJ is feeling better" Vik spoke with honesty, knowing his friend wasn't in fit condition to be running about in danger.

"Okay, right we better go down and patch shit up" Josh nodded and the three of them made their way downstairs.

"Be careful!" Vik said before traipsing back to his bedroom. 

-------------// 2-3 hours later //---------

The boys really should of been thinking about a plan of action, but currently their minds were too absorbed with the state of JJ.