Chapter Nineteen

Paige's POV

My eyelids are heavy but I forced them open. It took a minute for my eyes to focus on my surroundings. My chest is killing me, I though hard about what happened.

I remembered. It wasn't hard to remember. I remember Zack telling me he doesn't know me and wants me to leave, falling to the floor, my breathing getting heavy, needles in my arms, going to sleep.

I look down and saw more needles in my arms. I thought about Zack, tears came to my eyes. I felt one slip from my eye but I refused the others because a nurse walked in.

"You're awake."

"Yeah."

"Good."

"So, what happened? Like, why?"

"Well, you had a panic attack. We don't know why, the boy you were with won't tell us anything. The boys mother found you not breathing, you're lucky she found you."

"I bet."

"She wants to see you."

"Who, Gina?"

"Yes."

"Well, let her in."

"Very well."

She exited the room, I was all alone. Not for long, two minutes later the same nurse and Gina entered the room.

"Paige, I'm so sorry!" Gina has tears on her face.

The nurse left, giving us some privacy.

"For what?"

"For everything. I'm sorry! Zack says no matter how hard he try's, he just can't remember you. I'm sorry!" She sobbed.

"I-I just don't k-know w-what I'm going to d-do." I couldn't control my tears anymore.

"We'll get through it together, sweetie. I'll be here for you."

"T-thank you."

"We should stop crying." She smiled and wiped her eyes, even though it didn't work.

"Yeah."

"How are you?"

"Not to good. I just couldn't handle it yesterday, I couldn't imagine my life without him, I just lost it." I sobbed.

"I know, he told me everything."

"What am I going to do?"

"First we are going to get you out of this bed, then we will get Zack's memory back. I'll go to the front desk to check you out."

As she walked out I thought about a lot of things.

I know she was trying to make me feel better but it didn't work, I knew Zack would never remember me. There's nothing I can do about it. It hurts so bad. I feel empty, completely lost, I can't take it.

I glance to my left, looking for something sharp, I found scissors. I know I promised Zack a few years ago I would never do this again but he doesn't even remember me, it's like he doesn't know me. I have to. I put it to my wrist and slid it slowly.

You guys aren't giving me any feed back anymore:( sorry for this sad chapter.. Zack just needs to remember Paigey!

Votes and comments
💙Cailee