Letter One

Dear Lucy,

We both know that I'm shit when it comes to writing, but I needed some way to feel like you're still with me. I remember whenever I came inside or broke in as you said, I'd see you hunched over your desk either working on your novel or writing letters to your mom. I never really got why you'd write to her when she's dead but I get it now. It's to feel as if you're talking to them right? That's why I'm writing this to you Luce. It's been 28 days, yes I am keeping track, since you went MIA on the solo mission you were so desperate to go on. It's hitting everyone hard, specially Happy and me.

Happy stopped eating fish, which is a big deal considering that I haven't seen a day he hasn't had a fish, up until three days ago when Charle made him. Wendy keeps trying to find a way to blame herself but I know it's not her fault. It's mine. I shoulda went with you anyways Luce. Because you're precious to me. You're precious to everyone in Fairy Tail. To Levy, who has been crying every time she thinks is of you or hears your name and to Gajeel too. He's been fighting people a lot more and is angry at himself for not being able to find you yet. Then there's Juvia. She's been locking herself in her apartment at Fairy Hills something or another. Gray says she won't leave because she lost her first friend who accepted her.

Speaking of Ice Princess, he's surprisingly been the one who's trying to cheer me and everyone up, but I don't see how I can be happy without you by my side Luce. How did I ever survive without you? Erza, that scary monster of a woman, has stopped talking after saying how this was all her fault and that she should have stopped you. But I take full credit for that Lucy, and I'm sorry. I know it's my fault. Mira pointed that out to me. She said "it's your duty to protect her, but you didn't!" Before crying all over again. She's right Luce. I'm supposed to be the one to protect you and yet I failed. I failed at the one thing that was so much more important than everything else in the world.

I have to go now because that landlady is yelling at me to leave your apartment unless I pay your rent. Maybe I should? It smells like you and you'll have something to come back to. I miss you Luce.

Love, Natsu.

Date, February 18th, 2017

For those of you who have read Letters To Lucy on my tumblr of ft.net account, please do not spoil it for the newcomers!

Until next time, peace!