Promises

Princess Sofia was a busy princess. After becoming storykeeper of the Secret Library, she had been going on many missions to give stories happier endings. Sometimes her best friend Prince Hugo joined her on the missions. When her magical amulet pulled her inside, her family found out about her role as storykeeper, and sometimes whenever Sofia couldn't make a mission, Hugo would take over as substitute storykeeper. Sofia promised she'd complete a story in the Secret Library whenever one needed to be completed—but unfortunately, sometimes there could be obstacles.

Sofia was excited because tomorrow Hugo's family was coming over for a royal visit. Her stepsister, Amber, was excited because she herself was going to Princess Hildegard's party today.

"Oh, I'm looking forward to going to Hildy's party today, Sofia," Amber smiled.

"I'm sure you are," Sofia retorted. She knew Amber had been looking forward to Hildegard's party, and it was all Amber talked about for two weeks.

"And I'm sorry you won't be able to make it, Amber," King Roland II declared, entering Sofia's room. "There's been a change of plans."

"What?" Sofia asked.

"Prince Hugo's family is coming today," Roland revealed.

"But I thought they were coming tomorrow," Sofia declared.

"King Garrick can't make it tomorrow because he'll have a royal job that needs to be done," Roland told her.

"But today is Hildegard's party," Amber protested. "She even got Prince Zandar to bring his flying carpets."

"I know, Amber, and I'm sorry," Roland told Amber. "But all three of you need to be at the royal visit—you promised me and your mother."

"But...," Amber tried to protest.

"No buts, Amber," Roland chided her.

"Okay, Daddy," Amber sighed.

Suddenly, Sofia's magical amulet started to glow blue. That meant she needed to get to the Secret Library.

"It looks like the Secret Library needs you," Roland told Sofia.

"It looks like I'll be late for the royal visit, Dad," Sofia said hastily.

"It's okay," Roland said. "I'll let everyone know you'll be late."

Sofia's role as storykeeper used to be a secret from her family. But when her amulet pulled her inside, she couldn't go on a mission to complete the story The Tale of Junior Academia Royale, so her best friend Prince Hugo took over the role as substitute storykeeper, and his and Sofia's families joined on the mission—and Sofia was released from the amulet in the process.

Sofia got her book Behind the Walls and got through her secret passageway.