Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Slowly Jareth opened his eyes. The sun was just beginning to rise. He glanced over at Sarah, who was still curled up beside him sound a sleep. He smiled and conjured a blanket to cover her. He then rose out of bed and quickly bathed. Jareth dressed as he glanced over at Sarah. He knew she wouldn't be up for awhile, but he couldn't leave her. So he laid down beside her and gently began to wake her as he cleaned the blood from her thighs.

Sarah snuggled deeper under the cover. "Five more minutes."

"Precious, I have to go."

Sarah blinked open her eyes. "Morning."

Jareth smiled. "Morning."

Sarah yawned and stretched, under the covers. "What time is it?"

"It's early. You can go back to sleep. I just wanted to let you I'm not leaving you on purpose. I would love to lie in bed with you all day, but I have to go."

Sarah sat up, holding the blanket to her chest. "Why do you need to get up so early?"

"I'm the king. My day starts as soon as the sun rises."

"Ok. What do we do about Agatha?"

Jareth smirked. "Don't worry about her. She won't find anything from last night."

"Mmm, k."

Jareth got off the bed, leaned over, and kissed her. "I'll see you at lunch. I think my grandmother won't mind that you and I have it together today."

Then he walked out into the sitting room and into his study. No longer did he need to worry about the time line that Achilles had given him, too much. She was his. But they still needed to get married, but it was no longer required. As long as she was his and agreed to married him, then Achilles bargain had been met. He walked over to the windows and looked out at his kingdom. He still had to ask her to marry him. Would she agree? Or would she refuse him yet again?

He would need to wait for Eros. For once, he wanted his grandfather's advice. Jareth walked over to his desk. There wasn't a request from Achilles demanding he come to court, yet, but he knew it would be there before the end of the day. He sat in his chair and began to think of the best ways to ask Sarah to be his wife, his queen.

XOXOX

Sarah still sat on the bed. She couldn't go back to sleep, so she went over to her wardrobe and quickly put on a nightgown. She glanced over at the bed and found no proof she had lost her innocence. Sarah smiled as she walked over to the closed balcony doors. She didn't open them, stood watching the sunrise through the windowpanes in the door.

She turned as Agatha came into the room.

"Agatha, could you get a bath ready for me this morning, please?"

Agatha looked at her. "Of course. I'll be right back with your breakfast. The bath will be prepared as you eat."

Sarah continued to watch the sun, until Agatha came back with her breakfast and two goblins.

"It's too cold out there for you to eat on the balcony." She gestured to the two goblins with her. "These two will bring the table inside."

Sarah moved and allowed the strong goblins to bring in the table and a chair into the room in front of the balcony doors. Once the table had been set down, Agatha dressed and placed Sarah's breakfast upon it.

"There you go, M'Lady. I hope you enjoy it."

Sarah sat at the table and at her breakfast in silence as Agatha and the goblins prepared her bath. After she had finished, the goblins left and Agatha cleaned up the room, as she soaked in the warm water in the tub. When Sarah finally got out of the bath, Agatha helped her to dress.