Chapter Two

"Hey, Ziva, are you okay?"
She wouldn't look him in the eyes, she simply moved over to the sink.
He grabbed her arm, he pulled her close, moved her hair out of her face and stroked her cheek wiping the tears off her face.
"Ziva, what's wrong?"
"Tony. I am fine."
"No. You are not fine! What happened, did you get stood up?"
"No, Tony, for the last time, no." She sighed, she thought he'd grown up, but he was still Tony.
Tony sensed now was the time to stop. "Then why all this why the blitz on the computer and this?"
"Today." She paused and held his warm hand against her cheek, his touch was soothing. Calming, it gave a sense of security, she blacked out everything for a second and focused on him, her wonderful childish Tony. She snapped back to reality.
"Today, today is my birthday." She looked into his warm eyes. "I think about Ari and Tali a lot. But today, I just couldn't stop and I miss them, everyday I miss them, I try not to forget but I try not to remember, it's too painful, but they're my family, my only family." She looked away.
Tony looked disheartened. "You have a family, Me, McGee, Gibbs, Abby! We love you!" He had to stop himself from crying, he couldn't break down in front of her.
"But, but none of you remembered." Still she couldn't look him in the eyes.
Tony's face dropped even more, he pulled his hand off her face and out of his back pocket he pulled a small rectangular box, nicely wrapped up in black and silver wrapping paper. He handed it to her. He leant against her and whispered "Go on open it." He moved to her side. She slowly started to unwrap the gift with a certain element of caution. She found inside a black box. Tony gently began to smile, withholding his excitement. She opened it.
Inside a gold necklace, a gold eiffel tower.
Her heart started to race, he remembered, he remembered.
Tony gazed into her eyes, the eyes of an impenetrable mossad ninja, the same eyes of the little girl, the little girl who had no childhood, the scarred little girl and he picked up her hair and held it in his hand, he gently lifted the necklace from it's case and placed it round her neck.
He gently pulled her towards the mirror and watched her examine how it suited her, she forced a smile out of all the pain.
Tony's face lit up, he was like a five year old high on sugar not that Tony wasn't a five year old normally.
"Perfect!" He said, he kissed her on the forehead. "At lo levad." He whispered. "At lo levad."
All she could do now was this, she gazed into his majestic blue eyes and kissed him