Chapter One: The Exciting Beginning

Once upon a nightmare there was a house. Not an ordinary house more like the warden's house. The warden was a nice, rich man. The warden was richer than the warden when he wasn't warden. Well, anyways, it was happy and always sunny, but crops always grew, even though it hadn't rained since 1403. It's about the year 2030 now. Let the magic crops grow, I say!

Let's go into the good stuff like the warden's lovely adventurous son named Issey Tanick. Issey was a very loyal companion and he loved going into places that makes absolutely no sense. Issey was Japanese and had black sort of spiky, radiant hair. Issey also wore glasses, because when Issey was born he had a problem with his eyes and everything was blurry until he put the glasses on. Issey usually wore just a T-shirt and jeans with some sneakers. Issey was no ordinary child. He was very curious about the forest in his backyard and everyone thought that was weird.

"For it was just a forest. Nothing more" is what they all say. But the forest was more than just a forest.

"Hey dad? What lies behind the forest, in fact, what lies inside the forest? No one will tell me!" Issey asked one morning.

"Well...um..son, have you had breakfast yet!?" the warden asked quickly and unsettled.

"Colin Evan Cameron! You come here right now!!!" a voice from the kitchen yelled in a very angry tone.

Colin slowly got up and shuffled into the kitchen. "Y..yes, honey?" Colin asked sounding like he had just seen a ghost.

"Don't give me that honey crap! As warden you are required never to lie EVER!" the voice continued.

"But..Si Tong..honey, I can't tell our son about the forest, it's forbidden. It's a rule I made and am not planning to break," Colin explained, sounding more satisfied than ever.

"Oh, really?! I would think twice before speaking to me that way, don't you think?" Si Tong threatened.

"Fine. I'll change the law and not lie to my son-" Colin started but stopped when Si Tong pinched him with her nails. "Ow!!! I meant EVERYONE! I will never lie to anyone ever again. There, happy?!" Colin asked, still holding back the pain from the pinch.

"Yes! Yes, I am, but because I pinched you and the effort of you holding back the pain is to die for. Hahahahaha!!!" Si Tong laughed.

"Mom? Dad? It's been a long day, may I go to bed early?" Issey asked with a pleading face.

"What? Are you okay? You just woke up! It hasn't even been a hour!" Si Tong explained in a very worried way.

Si Tong was touching her delicate soft hands to Issey's soft but hard forehead, but Si Tong's hands were trembling and hurt to the touch. Si Tong was a strong and independent woman. When Si Tong was in high school people would tease her for being stronger than Colin. Colin was the strongest in the school. Well, until Si Tong came along. Everyone in the school found out Si Tong was the strongest when someone made fun of the way she walked. The people in the high school wanted to make fun of her, but they knew the consequence if they ever did. Si Tong ended up beating up the person who made fun of the way she walked. Then she dueled other people and ended up flipping over everyone she dueled. Si Tong would leave them on on their backs and didn't even care. The most funny thing is that Si Tong is not buff at all. Just, well, awesome. Anyway...

"Oh, I am sorry. I was caught in a day dream while I was sitting in the backyard and I guess I thought I had been daydreaming for a long time, but I guess not. Sorry!" Issey confusingly remarked quickly.

"Oh no! It's perfectly fine. What were you daydreaming about? I used to daydream all the time when I was little, and it made me tired too so I don't blame you. Oh sorry! What were you daydreaming about anyways?" Si Tong asked, suspiciously eyeing her son, but she quickly smiled like nothing had happened.