~part 11~

As Roshni dragged me, everything went into slow motion and I was moving reluctantly amongst the raging crowds.

All except Sidd.

He was slinking down the stairs with a can glued to his lips, leaning on the stair case rail for support.

"Reeeem...." he cried, in his drunk, broke voice.

I didn't dare to answer. Instead I just faced my head forwards and continued running to the emergency field.

There was pin-drop silence as we all lined up on the field in utter quietness.

"NOT A WORD!" Professor Smith cried.

"SHUT UP!" Another professor screamed.

Sidd was no where to be seen.

Although there wasn't an emergency, why was I caring so much about him? And even if there was, why would it bother me?

My mind was playing tricks and the cold air seeped through the stitches in my clothes and a chill shivered up my spine.

"Roshni, I don't th....."

"QUIET YOUNG LADY!" A teacher glared into my eyes.

I shut my mouth in embarrassment as I realized my voice had been loud enough for the next row of students to hear.

The safety bell went and the signal to go back into the class had been shown.

"Phew, that was close!" Roshni sighed with a smile on her face.

I smiled reluctantly.

"Are you sure we won't get into trouble for this?"

"Naaa, don't worry!"

"Everyone's been called to the board room." A girl walked past and told us.

"Look, I....."

We went into the board room in strict silence and lowered our gaze from the furious looking teachers.

"Whatever has happened today is really very shameful...." The head professor spoke.

"Students have created a false alarm on purpose for a reason we don't know, but these students will certainly get a severe punishment for which we have already applied."

Me and Roshni exchange equally nervous glances as this meant they had found out it was a false alarm.

I gulped.

"This is a very serious case, so we have contacted the police's investigation department."

I felt heat flushing around my face.

"Finger print detection will be used to expel the pupil who is found guilty of this event." Gossiping rose amongst the crowd.

"QUIET! The investigation department will be here at 4:35pm, accurately. Please arrive promptly."

The crowd was let out into usual classes and the same discussion went on till lunchtime.

Me and Roshni got our books out of our lockers and didn't speak because of fright.