Chapter 6: Take My Day

Hayley's POV

"WHAT?!" I roared so loud and furiously that everone in the office room silenced and stared at me. I looked at them realizing I went too loud. To escape the awkward moment, I turned on my radio. Taylor Swift was on. Everyone then looked away and turned their attention back to what they were working on. I restlessly dropped myself on my chair and sighed in frustration. "What a day to start my morning. I'm being linked to...ugh! I can't even say his name" I mumbled.

"You can't even say his name 'cause of too much happiness 'cause this is too good to be true" Sadie said in an exaggerating way. I rolled my eyes on her.

"It wasn't that bad, Hayley" Sam tried comforting.

"Wasn't that bad" I sassed.

"Look at the brightside. People think you're a thing. People think Bruno likes you. Girls envy you!" said Cass.

"Is that a brightside?! I don't get you!" I cried.

"It's not your fault-"

"Of course, it's not my fault!" I exclaimed.

"It's not your fault. It's just that Bruno likes you that he doesn't mind getting rumored-"

"I don't get you!" I repeated.

"BRUNO MARS LIKES YOU!" they all said in unison.

"I mean why would he chase you if he doesn't like you?"

"Why would he stay all night here with you?"

"Why would he give this coffee with a friendly note on it?"

"'Cause he's a lunatic?" I answered. And they all rolled their eyes on me. "Look, I don't care if he likes me or not. I just want this rumor to end. I don't want to get public"

"You're overreacting!" Cass said.

"If you were in my shoes I'm sure you'll feel the same. I'm frustrated!"

"No. If I was in your shoes I'd feel lucky and happy knowing Bruno likes me" Sam said.

"You should stop liking him! You don't know him!" I said.

"Well, do you?" Cass raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! I told you we were classmates back in high school. He's a player and a big jerk! If he do likes me, I'd be stupid if I give him a chance. He'll never stand a chance on me... never in a million years" I declared. "He plays with girls emotion. He makes them fall for him then leaves them after"

"I can't afford to think Bruno's that kind of guy" Sadie murmured.

The radio then interrupted us..."Bruno Mars caught chasing a girl in Brooklyn at a mall after his mall show with B.o.B...." the girls then looked at me. They drew closer to the radio to listen carefully. "He even got stuck with her in an elevator and just came out in the evening. When asked about what really happened and who was the Brooklyn girl, Bruno just stated, 'I just got stuck with her in the elevator. That's it'. On the other hand, Brooklyn girl didn't have any comment when asked. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars' fans can't stop comparing this Brooklyn girl to the one he was referring to in his song 'Somewhere in Brooklyn' which is about-" I felt adrenaline to turn off the radio.

"What? We were listening!" Sadie cried.

"That was very rude" Sam cried next.

I shooed them away from my cubicle and started working again. But another disturbance came to annoy me. It was Williams.

"Jackson" his tone today was surprisingly calm.

"Yes, boss" I quickly stood up from my seat. "I have finished my work last night"