Everyone has a rant. This is mine.

29/01/14

I'm a proud Democrat. I believe in God, I do not believe he created the world 6000 years ago. I believe God gave us quick minds and an innate love of science so that those with vision would be drawn to discover the beauty that lies in the universe and pull the rest of us up from mud houses. I believe that all of us are equal in the sight of God and that none of us are given the right to look down on anyone who is less intelligent, less physically able, or less financially. We are called by God to bring everyone up from that mud house. That means they have access to the tools needed to be successful. No child should go hungry because his parents can't work.  No one has the right to bully another because of their beliefs and no one has the right to tell me, my beliefs are wrong.

 We do not have the right to foul our planet so 1% can make money. We do not have the right to threaten peaceful citizens for doing their job even if we are congressman. We have the right as a people to be safe in our homes, but if we break the law we have the right to be treated with justice.  If we are mentally ill, we have a right to receive competent care, not be shoved in a prison cell and denied care. 

I am sick of the cruel, mean spirited responses by people when they see a report on their news feeds concerning the sadness of abortion, the horror of the death penalty and the shoot 'em down anger that seems t pervade us. I don't want my g-son to live in a world filled with so much anger because the angry few feel cheated that they lost an election to a man of colour. They can say they aren't but if you read on, the cliche's are all there.

It is not wrong to want sensible rules to control access to guns. We have them for cars,and no one thinks twice Ten thousand  receive emergency care  or die every year for gunshot wounds received in their home where legally purchased guns are kept.

It is not wrong to never want to see a woman die from a botched abortion. Yes its sad that she did it, and God will deal with her, but don't step back to a time when death was considered an acceptable risk.

The 21st century held such potential especially for this country, but every day I watch it turn more bitter and cruel. The words "what's wrong with a rope," still burn my eyes in response to the lack of drugs need to kill prisoners. What's wrong with us. If you've read my rant this far, good for you. My words may not be eloquent and the grammar may be off, but the beliefs are absolutely sincere. If you want to unfriend me, I understand. If you agree feel free to pass it on.