The Still and Flow of Time. (Important news at end of chapter!!!)

Dark Link's P.O.V.
"Let's go to the movies." "Huh?" "Heh, I want to go see movie with you, D." "Which one?" "How about Rise of the Guardians?" "Alright. Sounds like a plan."
*TIMESKIP*
While watching the movie I realized with a jolt how much time I have left. ...6 months... I think. Not enough. "D?" "Huh? Oh- sorry, yeah?" "I was gonna ask if you liked the movie, but... You seem distressed. Everything ok?" "Yeah. It's fine." I lie. He sees right through me. "...Liar. Tell me what's wrong." "...Would an I don't want to tell you work?" "Fffffffffiiinee."
*TIMESKIP*
4 months
Link has been noticing that I've been trying to break the Hellslicer or hide it or get rid of it in any way possible. "Why've you been trying to get rid of your sword?" "...Its connected to the all the things I've said I don't want to talk about." "Oh." He says. "Sorry, Link, I just can't tell you." "Ah HA! You said "Can't tell me" that time!" Shit. I think. I don't realize I said it out loud. "Eh?" "...Nevermind!" The last thing I need is for the timer to get cut short... I add in my head. "I hope you know all you're doing is further increasing my curiosity, right?" "I know, Link. It's because you're stubborn. We both are." I say, with a slight smirk. "Good. Because then you know I will find out one way or another, D." He says, and pauses. "I can make you tell me but I don't like doing that and you don't like when I do it and we both know it." Link says in a pleading voice. "...I know. But... If I tell you... It'll happen faster..." I tell him, pushing back with my own plea.
*TIMESKIP*
2 months
Link's P.O.V.
Dark Link has been sick and getting worse since last month. I can hear him saying something about his sword sometimes. I wait outside his door for a few minutes. I hear nothing, so I open the door quietly. "D...?" I ask, quietly. "You awake?" "..." I can tell he's in deep thought about something. I decide to leave and consult with Navi and Hope. "Do either of you know what's going on?" "No, sorry..." Navi says. "Hope?" I ask, praying to find out so I can try to help. "I... Yes..." "You do know!" "Yes, but... I'm not supposed to talk about it. Dark Link made a mistake by telling me. I think it will still speed it up if I say it, also." "But... Is there a way I can help him?" "Well, no, not without serious sacrifice on your part. And I mean big time. Like, death serious." "Yeah, well, it'll be worth it." I tell her, determined to do something, anything, to help Dark. "...Ok." She says, and pauses. "First thing's first. ...Have you heard the legend of the cursed sword "Hellslicer," Link?" "I have. Why?" I ask, suspiciously. "Well, its real. You know what it can do, right?" "Yes." "Dark Link is one of the "Second wielders" the legend speaks about being able to create. And... Gannon set a death time for him." She says, all the while, I get more and more doubtful I can help. "You know what that means, yeah?" "Yes." I say, steeling my resolve. "He had 5 years. He spent most of that time locked in a dungeon, training to fight you. That was the purpose he was created for, after all. All 3 he had spent there, they had hurt him. Mentally and physically. Then was the day he met you. You were kind to him. Accepting, happy, and just in general an extremely positive light for him to have in this life. You saved him from Gannon, in many ways. He loved it. Reveled in it, even. And you took him with you. Pretty soon after, your relationship started. Then he spent a year and a half with you. Then came now. It was the first time he told you he couldn't tell you. Or, wouldn't, that time. Then there were four. Then three. And now, two months left..." She trailed off then, listening for changes in Dark's condition. Shaking her head, she told me the rest. "Sadly, there's only one thing we can do, now that he is this far gone..." "Tell me. I'll do it." "Patience." She said, and started telling me what to do.
*TIMESKIP*
Still 2 months.
"First things first... Find the sword." I tell myself. I quietly walk away and look around every room. After about seventeen minutes, I find it. I am slightly afraid to touch it, now that I know what it is. I remember why I am doing this, and regain my resolve once more.