Chapter 7

Millie awoke startled by the sound of someone yelling at her. She looked down nervously thinking it was a worker at the hospital.

Thankfully it was just Ava.

"Millie? What are you doing up there?" Carefully, Millie slid down off the tree to the ground. "Oh, just exploring."

Ava raised in eyebrow. "In a tree? It looked like you were sleeping." Millie giggled. "I guess I accidentally fell asleep!" The younger girl smiled.

"Well, c'mon! Finn said he's been waiting for a long time to see you." The older girl nodded. "Wait what time is it?" Ava checked watch. "11:00."

"Oh, oops."

Once Ava and Millie arrived, Millie opened the door trying to hide her excitement. Although her excitement vanished completely.

A doctor stood by a sleeping Finn, who looked slightly paler than usual.

She stood in the doorway and Ava pushed past her. "Dr.Natalia? Is Finn okay?"

A young woman turned around to Ava and gave her a small smile. "He just had a little cough attack earlier, but he's alright now." Ava sighed in relief.

Millie continued to stare at Finn sleeping on the hospital bed. She knew he wasn't okay, he was getting worse. The cold he had was preventing him from getting the surgery he needed, now.

Natalia's gaze shifted to the girl who stood in the doorway. "Hello miss, who might you be?"

Millie walked towards Natalia. "Hi, I'm Millie." Natalia put her hand out to shake, and Millie did just that. "Nice to meet you, Millie. I'm Natalia. I'd suppose your a friend of Finn's?" She nodded.

"Well girls, I'm sorry to say but Finn needs rest. I think it'd be best if you come back later. Does that so-"

"Ava? Millie?"

All three girls turned to Finn, who had pulled himself into a sitting position.

Ava smiled. "Finn, you're awake!" She ran to her brother and gave him a huge hug, to which he laughed while hugging her back. "Hey Ava."

Millie stood where she was, although Natalia had left. Once Ava let go of her brother, Finn turned his head toward Millie. "Ah, there you are! I was beginning to think you'd forgotten."

Ava winked at Millie and slipped out the door. Millie made it her plan to get back at her later.

She smiled sheepishly. "I uh, slept in late. Sorry." He smiled. "You're perfectly fine, Mills."

Millie tilted her head. "Mills?" Finn laughed. "Yeah. It's a nickname." "Oh." He looked at her questionably. "What, you've never had one?" She shook her head. "There's a lot of thing you haven't done or had, isn't there?" This time she nodded. "Well it's a good thing I'm still her to teach you."

Millie smiled. "He'll be here a lot longer then he thinks." She thought to herself. "I guess it is."

He moved over in the hospital bed, and patted the space next to him. "Come, sit with me."

Slowly, Millie made her way over to him and carefully sat next to him. "Is this okay?" He nodded. "It's perfect. Now,"

Finn picked up a tv remote. "Have you ever seen a movie?" "No, I don't think so." He stared at her, clearly shocked. "Well then, let me show you the wonders of a movie." Millie smiled and nodded excitedly.

"I'd like that."