butterfly: 0001

"things will get worse before they get better. and when they do, remember who put you down, and helped you up."- unknown.

      "Carter, you were a butterfly, but you let that devil spawn man of yours bring you back down to a butterfly

      "Carter, you were a butterfly, but you let that devil spawn man of yours bring you back down to a butterfly. And until you leave him, youre going to endure much hardship physically, emotionally, and mentally. That man is going to tear you down and break you until you have nothing left. God forbid you end up in the grave behind his actions. Mark my words bebita, If you dont get out before its too late, you won't be able to get out at all. Remember what I'm telling you."

      Carters mind reminisced her grandmothers words as her body drifted in and out of consciousness from the beating she was receiving. It was nothing new to her, and she hated herself for how much control she allowed her husband to have over her.

      "Go get yourself cleaned up, we got a party to attend at 8." Her husband, Adam, spoke before kicking her once more and making his way upstairs to shower.

      Carter laid there for a good 30 minutes before finally dragging herself off the floor and crawling up the stairs. The beating she'd received was nothing compared to the others she'd endured. But for some reason her body felt weaker than ever before. She forced herself in the shower, barely able to stand, before getting out. She dried off, lotioned herself, and began to cake her face with make up to hide the bruises.

      Why does she continue to stay with him? You ask, well the answer is, Carter doesn't know what love is. The only love she knows is Adam, and even that isn't the love she wants, he's the only one who ever paid her any attention.

      Carter decided on a red long sleeve dress, with a slit on the thigh. She flat ironed her long black hair, and brushed it back.

      Adam walked out of their closet, dressed in a brand new suit he had bought just for the occasion.

      "Babe, your knees look a little ashy, lotion 'em up. I'll be waiting in the car." Adam pat her on the butt before making his way downstairs and to the car.

      Carter slipped on her shoes and lotioned her legs down, again, Per Adams request.

       As they entered the office party, Adam held tightly unto Carters waist, as if he was afraid she'd run.

      "Don't go nowhere, stay by my side at all times." Adam whispered in her ear.

      Carter nodded, holding back her tears. She wanted to cry, because looking at all the Happy couples, she knew this wasn't love. It wasn't the love she wanted, and looking at all those people smile genuine smiles, she wanted to smile the same smile.
And with Adam she wasn't smiling A genuine smile.

After asking Adam for permission, Carter went to the food bar and grabbed some of the delicious fresh fruits stacking them on a plate.