-3-

Hey guys! I'm finally back to writing this fanfic. Previous two chapters were short, so I tried to make this one longer.^^

I woke up early, all sweaty and shaking. I just had the scariest nightmare in my life. It was about Miles - I was dreaming that he has died in a fire. Of course, it's not the first dream about someone's death, but those dreams I had before weren't so scary.

Miles was burning, he was screaming so horribly and I couldn't do anything... I saw everything but I couldn't move. It felt as if I was stoned.

I saw his skin, red and burning, I saw pain in his eyes... Whole day I'll be haunted by this nightmare.

I tried to wash off the nightmare with water but it didn't work. I quickly brushed my teeth and looked into the mirror. I started shaking again. What if... what if something bad actually happened to Miles? My view darkened, and after a second I felt nothing.

I opened my eyes. I was laying on my bathroom floor, so probably I have fainted. I stood up slowly and looked into the mirror. Again. What I saw really shocked me. I looked terrible. My hair was a mess, skin as pale as dead man's body and like this wasn't enough, I had dark bags under my eyes. That's just great. Even the best makeup won't hide this. How am I supposed to go outside now? I look like a mix of a ghost and a vampire! Damn, how am I going to meet Porter, in a state like this? He'll probably run away after seeing me in this 'Halloween costume'! Oh my god, that dream ruined all my plans...

I was furious as fuck, but what could I do? There was nothing left for me but doing my best with makeup and going to meet Porter. I'm just a singer he works with, anyway. Not like his girlfriend or something. Not even a friend. After all, I'm not here to impress him. I need to relax.

When I was ready, I remembered Miles. I really hope he's okay. The ugly sound of my doorbell awakened me from my thoughts. It freaked me out and I almost tripped. Damn, why on earth do I have to be so clumsy? I'm a girl, not a fucking Iron Man.

I opened the door and saw Miles, standing and waiting for me.

'Hi there!' he greeted me.

'Hey.' I smiled.

He smiled back, but... somehow differently, not in the way he usually smiles. I'd say his smile was more sad than happy...

'Miles... Is everything okay? You look worried.' I asked with a hint of nervousness in my voice.

'It's fine, just... Oh, Gem, everything's wrong.' he muttered with his gaze locked to my door carpet.

'Come in.' I grabbed his hand. 'Tell me everything. Porter can wait.'

Only now he noticed how terrible I look.

'You're also not very good, are you?'

'Oh well... It's nothing. I'll tell you later.' for some reason I didn't want to tell him about my dream.

He came in and we sat on my minimalistic design, bright blue sofa. Neither one of us wanted to talk about our problems. Finally, I started speaking, not being able to handle that deadly silence anymore.

'Ugh...' I cleared my throat. 'So what is actually bothering you right now?' I asked softly.

He sighed and looked at me with pain written all over his face.

'I... He... I b-broke up with Brandon.' Miles mumbled as I watched his eyes filling up with tears.

Brandon was his boyfriend, they were together like for two years or so. Brandon was a nice guy though sometimes too emotional. But Miles really loved him and I know how much effort he had put in this relationship, hoping for it to work out. They had some arguments through those years but Miles would never come to me like this after that. When it comes to talking about his problems, he likes to keep some things for himself. So if he's telling me about the break up now, it seems to be something more than just a casual argument.