Chapter 8

"When does the next flight leave?" I asked, pacing back and forth through the hotel room.

I wore a white robe, my hair soaked from the rain.

"Eighteen hours" Gabriel sighed from the desk.

"For fuck sake" I cried. "He could be on the other side of the world by than!" I threw my arms in the air.

"He won't" Gabe assured me calmly.

"How do you know!" I shouted. "The same way you knew his location?"

I didn't trust Gabe, even after his sob story in the cab.

"Perhaps" he shrugged.

"What do have spies stationed around the world watching him or something?" I asked, "or perhaps you're capable of hacking the satellites?"

"Of course not" he shook his head.

"Than what the fuck!" I screamed.

"Look you need to calm down" he said, jumping up from his seat. "Screaming at me won't make you see your father any faster"

"I know!" I yelled, only a few feet away from him.

I just had to see him, I needed to get him out of all his mess, and I just had to talk to him.

"Look, I get that its frustrating but you've got to relax" Gabe placed his hands onto my shoulders, "you'll see him soon"

I shook my head violently in frustration. "You don't know that!"

"Why is it so important for you to see him anyway?" He questions, taking a step towards me. "I mean, you know he's not in danger"

My heart rate accelerated when the thought of confronting my father leaped into my mind.

"I need to know why" I told him slowly.

"Why he gambles?" He assumed.

"No" I shook my head, "why he gave me up"

"What?" He questioned with fear in his brown eyes.

"I know you lied to me" I admitted, looking up to study him carefully. "I know that my father didn't have the money to pay your family, so he sold my soul to the devil instead"

Why else would they want me of all people and so badly? My father told them to get their moneys worth out of me. He didn't have the money to pay, so he sold me.

"That's not true" Gabe denied.

"Don't lie to me" I begged, meeting his gaze. "I know that my father sold me to your family because he didn't have the money to pay off his debt"

I was my family's secret weapon. I was the only one capable to doing any job. The rest had strengths, I had equal abilities. I knew that I was worth a lot to anyone - especially the Lurrunzario's who could use me for whichever job they like.

The truth was, my family didn't assign me to the forgeries department because that was my strength. They assigned me to forgeries to keep me in the house. That way I was less likely to get injured out on the field, as I had always been their most valuable possession. After what happened to Jason, they barely let me see the sun, let alone go on jobs. 

Gabe averted his gaze in shame. "How did you find out?"

I sighed.

"It was something you said about your family no longer being interested in the money he owes" I started, "....The Larrunzario's are always interested in money. That's one thing I know for sure"

So I figured that there must be another reason why they wanted me. I also knew that there was another reason why Gabe was helping me. He didn't want me to end up like that woman who raised him.

"I'm sorry" he sighed, gulping down. "I was trying to protect you"

"Why!" I snapped.

"Because I need to" Gabe admitted slowly.

That's what I was waiting so long for him to admit.

"Why!" I repeated, "who are you working for? I know it's someone who is not part of your family"

"Nobody" he shook his head slowly.

Bullshit.

"Than what are you doing here?" I asked, "Did my family hire you? Did they get you to switch sides so I'd never suspect you?"

Gabe rolled his eyes.

"Like they would trust me" he pointed out, taking a seat on the bed, "Look you've got to stop being so paranoid"

"I can't" I clenched my jaw, taking a seat beside him, "they trained me to be this way...They trained me to not be able to trust anyone but them"

"Well I guess you need someone to teach you how" he lowered his voice, turning his head to face me. "What do you think? Do you think you'll ever be able to trust me?"

I sighed. Our eyes locked. In that moment, I become very aware of his lips. Their colour and shape. I then looked back up to meet his gaze. He began to lean towards me. I leaned in the rest of the way until our lips met. His hands moved to my jaw. His lips were so warm and soft. I found myself instantly addicted to the taste of his mouth.

His hands traveled to my waist as I pulled away from him.

"I doubt it" I answered his question, out of breath before kissing him again.

I placed both my hands against each side of his beautiful face.

In that moment, I didn't care who he was or who his family were. I just wanted him. If my family found out that I was sleeping with a Larrunzario they would have let them kill me.

So you could say that it was when I met Gabriello Larrunzario when I began drifting away my family. He had that kind of effect that made me want to do anything to be with him forever. I was never the type to fall in love, that changed in 2007 when I met Gabriello Larrunzario.

The Ashton's and Larrunzarios have a history. For hundreds of years we've been enemies. They threw the first stone and ever since we've been determine to throw the last. I couldn't care less about our rivalry in that moment. I just cared about being with Gabriello.