Chapter 4

We drove about an hour to get there in my car. I let mom drive to get used to my car since her car was broken, she would need mine. We listen to Nickleback all the way there. It wasn't really mom's kind of songs, but it was definantly mine and she didn't complain. Noah was in the back seat with his gameboy advanced SP playing Pokemon: Emerald.

    When we arrived, a man with short brown hair and brown eyes came up to us. He was wearing a black robe with a little white square at the top toward the center. Around his neck hung brown beads of rosary that led to a brown cross that rested a little higher than his belly button. "You must be Ms. Owens?" he said to my mom.

"You can call me Senna and these are my children, Noah and Kate," she said smiling and sticking out a slim hand to shake his.

"My name is Jeffery," he said returning the handshake then, shaking Noah's and my hands, "Who's all staying here?" he asked.

"Noah and I am," I said pointing to us.

    A boy walked over. He looked about my age with brown hair and baby blue eyes. "Oh good, Gabriel, meet Noah and Kate," Jeffery said putting his hand on the boy's back and pushing him toward us, "this is my son, Gabriel." Gabriel stuck out a slightly tan hand towards me and I completed the handshake. Mom and Father Jeffery got involved in idol adult talk which I just couldn't handle because it has absolutely no point to it whatsoever. I walked over to my car while Noah and Gabriel talked. I didn't do well around people I didn't know. I pulled out Noah's bag and then mine and walked back over to everyone.

    I glanced behind the pastor to find a huge building which I guessed was the church because of the steeple. It was so beautiful. I looked on the other side of the building and saw a large graveyard. I would have to visit that soon, good thing I brought my camera and many extra batteries. 

    "Gabriel, how about you take them to their room and then show them around?" Jeffery said. The boy gave a nod and motioned for us to follow. I didn't want to leave mom without saying some sort of good-bye, but I wasn't about to hug her again. I said no more hugs and I ment it. I just stood there staring at my mom. I balled my hand into a fist and pointed it at mom for a fist-bump. She stared at it and I knew what she was thinking, 'what am I supposed to do with that?'  I reached for her hand and knotted it into a fist and then touched it against my own fist. I smiled at her, "Don't break my car," I said, then adjusted the bags on my shoulder and walked toward Gabriel. Noah ran over and hugged her with which she hugged him back and gave him a kiss on forehead. Noah quickly ran back over to us as we walked away.

    We neared the gloriously large church and I stared over at the graveyard.

"Are you afraid of graveyards?" The young boy asked taking a bag off my shoulder.

"No. I love them."

"Your the first person that's said that."

"Really? I would have guessed that everyone would like to walk around where there are dead people underground," I said sarcastically and stopped walking and just stared at him. He smiled back at me and our eyes met. We stared at each other for a minute and then got interrupted by Noah.

"Are you guys having a staring contest? I wanna play, too!" I smiled at my little brother and reached for his hand.

"The game is over." I knew what that boy was trying to do with those pretty colored eyes of his: he was sizing me up.

    Gabriel continued to lead the way and finally we got to my room. I looked at Gabriel and then looked quickly away. "Where's Noah going to sleep?" I asked.