Chapter 1

Lila's POV

Tonight was just like any other night, I was texting my best friend just trying to forget about the pain that I suffered that day. That was until Jackson said he liked someone. I could handle that. He just had a crush on some girl. There was nothing to worry about. Right? I had to make sure, so I asked him a question.

To Jackson<3: do you love her?

From Jackson<3: you know what, I think I do

To Jackson<3: are you sure? love is a big word

From Jackson<3: what the heck Lila....just be happy for me

To Jackson<3: your right. I'm sorry good night

From Jackson<3: night

It felt as though a million tiny soldiers had crawled inside my body.

He loves her. Those three words repeated themselves over and over until they were etched in my brain.

If only I hadn't fell in love with my best friend, none of this would be happening. I didn't plan to fall for him, but then again I don't plan a lot of things.

My vision started to become blurry, as I felt tears run down my check. I hate this. I hate how he makes me feel. I hate how he affects me.

Jackson's POV

I don't know why I keep talking to her. She always wants to talk to me and know all of my business. I wish I could just tell her to leave me alone, but I could never do that.

She has so many negative things going on in her life and I don't want to add to it. I guess I'm just going to have to keep blowing her off.

Do I feel guilty? I don't know.

Do I feel bad? Yes, no one deserves to be treated the way she is. I should know.

I roll over and try to fall asleep, but all I can think about is Lila's smile.

Why?