Chapter 33

Continuing the FB...

Ragini opened her eyes and scanned around the place. She slowly sat up on the bed  and realised that she was in a hospital room.
She was totally bewildered and shocked.
She couldn't remember anything. She couldn't even remember her own name, who she was, who was the guy who hugged her and why was she here????
All these questions haunted her and thinking about it gave immense pain to her head.
Just then she saw the doctor along with the guy who had previously hugged her, enter her ward. The doctor then checked her.

D: don't worry miss. You are as fit as a horse now. You will be soon discharged from here. Maybe within a day or so.

R: but doc, who am I??? Why am I not able to remember anything???

D: I'm really sorry to say this, but you had a memory loss after your accident. I think he can tell you more about yourself (pointing to Laksh). OK then, I'll leave now.

The nurse leaves from there and Laksh comes and sits next to her. She continues to stare him for a while and after sometime Ragini initiated to speak.

R: Do you know me? (Laksh nods). Then who am? How come I came here??

L: Raghida-- that's your name.
Actually, both of us had went to a party few days back after which you were driving back alone, and you met with an accident and was admitted here.

Ragini was about to ask him something more when two middle aged women came into the ward. They went towards Ragini and caressed her hair.

W1: Thank goodness you are fine, my child. The doc informed me about your condition.
Don't worry, everything will be alright.

R: who are you?  How do you know me?

W2: welll, I'm Josephine and this is Martha.
We both are from the Sunshine Orphanage and you are a part of it.
We found you when you were barely 6 months old and from then, you had been staying with us.

Ragini looks at them with her face clearly displaying confusion and shock.

M: I know child, it would be really difficult for you to digest this fact, but believe us this is the truth.

They then showed her some files and documents that showed her to be Raghida and some of her photographs with them (those were all fake).
During this time, Laksh walks out and waits outside.
Ragini was taking in, inside her that she is Raghida.

R(holding Martha's hands): can I ask you something???

M: sure.

R: do you know the guy who was here a while ago??? (Martha nods yes). Is he a part of our orphanage??? (She nods no). Then who was he?? How does he know me???

M: he was Laksh.
You both love each other. You were classmates from your college days and then eventually you both fell in love.

Ragini looked at them with a confused expression.

J: I know it won't be easy for you to believe whatever we say but don't worry, we are always there with you and everything will be alright.

Ragini bonded well with both the ladies and she started trusting what they say. Tgat day she refused to meet Laksh saying she was tired but the reality was that her heart was not letting her to meet him. She felt as if she was missing a major part of her soul. Her conscience also told her that someone very near to her wanted her very much. But she ignored all such intuitions.

******************************************

Ragini had been discharged from the hospital and Laksh along with Josephine and Martha were present there with her. Laksh helped her in to the car and they drove off. Soon they reached the Sunshine Orphanage and all headed in. Ragini developed a good bond with all the people there and they all spend a good time. All the people there acted as if they knew her from ages.