Chapter One

The sun was bearing down in heavy rays on my pale skin, my skin already having a slight red tint to it. I had been left behind during a bandit raid on our small camp. My feet were beginning to tire and become sore and I could barely keep running. Being my clumsy self as well, I trip on a fallen branch and fall on the ground, my cheeks getting covered in grass stains. As I look up, I see three or four pairs of feet standing before me. "W-Wha..?" I mumble under my breath, before realizing they were guards. "Are you okay miss?" I look up and see a tan, fair, another tan and another fair guard. "H-Huh?" Before I knew it, they had picked me up off the ground and had brushed some of the dirt off of my clothes.

"What are you doing here?" A white haired male asked me, slightly grazing over my cheek as he tried to clean off the grass stain. I brush him away and jump away from them. "M-My c-c-camp," I pant and keel over to hold myself on my knees, "b-ban...b-bandits.." I try to take in as much breath in as I possibly can. "I'm Garroth," the blonde, fair skinned male said and kindly offered  me a water-skin, "The brunet is Laurence, the black haired guy is Aaron, the white haired one is Travis." He gestures to each of them as I quickly drink most of the water. I'm

"How long have you been running?" Aaron asks me with a concerned look. "I don't know...two, no, three hours." I say. It was probably longer but...I'd lost track hours ago. "Well, you're pretty fit then, haha." Travis laughs. "What's your name?" Laurence had finally added in on the conversation. "M-Mel." I regain my breath and footing and stand up straight. "I'm an apprentice Mage." I smile at him calmly before I start thinking about my mentor. He was a strict old man but fair and kind, he taught me how to cast my first spell. "Oh? A Mage? Do you do magic like Lucinda?" Travis asked me, perking up when I said Mage. "Lucinda is a friend of ours, a witch." Aaron informs me. "A witch? Oh no, I do magic with my hands! It's hard to do but, I mastered it with my old mentor. But another difference is that their specialty is potions, a Mages' specialty is casting spells." I say warmly. After I finished , Aaron had peeked down at the two swords resting on either side of my hips. "But you use two swords?" He questioned. "Ah, I enchant them every time I go into battle, I wasn't very good at attack spells.." I scratch the back of my neck. "Ah! I forgot! Please! Come with me I need help! My camp was attacked by bandits!" I take off in the direction I had come from with them following close behind. My dress was picking up wind behind me from running so fast, fortunately, I wore black tights underneath it. An arrow starts to fly towards me and I bend backwards, the arrow narrowly avoiding my nose. Aaron, Garroth, Laurence and Travis were close behind and saw the culprit. Quickly, I jump back up and shoot a ball of fire towards them. They narrowly dodge my attack, it was my first successful attack spell and I was thrilled about it. So thrilled, that I hadn't noticed the bandits jumping out from behind trees to attack us. "That's the girl! From the camp!" One of them yells. "Mel! Run!" Aaron barked a demand at me. "What?" I mumble under my breath before getting picked up from the ground and thrown over someone's shoulder. "Hey! Put me down!" I shout and bang on their back. The four guards were getting circled by the bandits, outnumbered. I cast a protective shield around them, it should follow them and nothing will be able to get through for a short amount of time. "Go! Escape!" I yell as I squirm around to try and loosen the persons grip that had a hold of me. He readjusts his grip on me and puts his hand on an undesirable place. A large blush makes its way into my face and I freeze. "M-Move your hand.." I mutter in embarrassment. "Make me princess." He says and picks up his pace, not before squeezing my ass. "Gah!" I yelp. A flash of black sprints past us and stops right in front of us. I get thrown onto the ground, small rocks cutting my arms and face. The bandit that had squeezed my ass was laying on the ground, taking multiple hard punches from Aaron. The others had formed a protective stance around me while Aaron pounded that guys face in. Aaron finishes beating the bandit into a pulp and joins the protective stance. I raise my hand and a light circle appears beneath our feet. "Teleport: Phoenix Drop." I chant and the circle transports us to the middle of Phoenix Drop. I stumble as I lose my footing while a young Amber eyed female ran towards us. "Aaron? Garroth? Travis? Laurence? What are you all doing here? How did you get here? Who's she?" She blurts out in shock. "Lady Aphmau, this is Mel and...I apologise, I do not know how we got here." Garroth nodded his head on respect to their Lord. She had gone to look where I was standing a few moments prior but I had ran to vomit in some bushes. "Oh Irene is she okay!?" She yells with a tone of large concern. Travis runs over and holds my hair away from my face. "T-Thanks.." I murmur.