chapter 2

I ran to my room threw the bag of clothes on my bed and back downstairs again. Me and my mum left the house so I could walk to school. I was walking to school as I saw my best mate emily . I shouted Emily and ran to give her a big hug but my mum gripped me by the back of my school jumper. I asked her to get off but she said no so I screamed and Emily heard me, she ran over and shouted at my mum to get off of me but my mum just laughed and slapped me round the face. Finally my mum let go of me and I ran as fast as I could away from here and Emily ran with me to. My mum was out of sight me and Emily decided to hide behind some bins until we seen my mum pass.Half an hour later, My mum finally walked past us she didn't even look that bothered that I had run off from her. She carried on walking looking around I am wondering how she didn't see us at all. Emily and I waited until she was out of sight then I remembered that my mum didn't lock the door, so I thought that it was about time I let the world know what my mum is really like. We ran to my house I got my suitcase that I had hidden in my bedroom and threw in all my clothes and main essentials that I needed. Emily wondered what I was doing so I told her that I thought it was about time I left my mum and run away after all she did beat me every day and she hardly ever fed me.

We started to walk back to school and my mum was walking back down me and emily decided to jump into the nearest bush. We let her pass and carried on going to school it was now nearly 9:30 we were late to school, we got to the school gates and I threw my suitcase into a bush so that school didn't think anything suspicious. We walked into school and the teacher was surprised to see us, the teacher asked me if I was alright, I smiled in silence and acted brave. The teacher told me that my mum had been in and told them that I had run off from here with emily. I acted in shock and surprise and said " um yes that's true my mum has been hitting me I just didn't want to tell anyone because my mum said if I did she would kill me and make sure no one ever found out." I creid with anger and fear I was scared that what my mum said was going to happen. The teachers assured me that everything was going to be okay and that I would be living a better life than what I was with my mum. I wanted to ask questions but I left it and wondered what they where on about. Then my teacher said that I would be going into care. Care? I asked. The teacher told me it was a place for kids when their parents hit them so I agreed to go.