Chapter II: Curiosity

So a year later goes by and I hadn't seen Cudi since the concert. Every day after his new album dropped I kept helplessly waiting for him to announce another tour or anything but nothing was happening. It was almost as if Cudi had dropped his album and completely disappeared until this one day I was scrolling down my Facebook page and I saw this ad for this contest. The winner got to spend a whole day with Cudi and as soon as I read that, I was doing everything not to lose my shit. We had a chance to enter the contest every day and I didn't miss not one opportunity. I sent in entries for it ever freaking day until the contest was over and when the last day came, I looked on the page to find out that I had won and at first I really didn't know how to react to it because I didn't want to believe it was true. I checked my email to confirm it and it confirmed what I'd saw, telling me I had to confirm or deny and I confirmed so fast that I didn't even think about it. Then I got another email telling me that someone would be in contact with me soon for more details and so the waiting began. I waited and I waited and at first it seemed like I wouldn't ever hear anything back from them until one day, I mysteriously heard a knock on my door. I was in the house by myself, still practically in my pajamas, and I wasn't expecting anybody so I wasn't thinking anything of it.

I went to the door and I asked who it was and in the whitest voice I'd ever heard, they said, "It's the police, open up!" Huh? I said to myself confused. Why would the police be at my door? I hadn't done anything wrong or at least I didn't think I did so I opened up the door and then much to my surprise I see Cudi standing there with the biggest grin on his face, wearing those red steampunk glasses, I'd become obsessed with and my heart immediately hit the floor. "Hey what's up man? You Rashad?" He says to me and for a moment I practically forgot how to speak. "Cudi? What are you doing here?" I said shakily. He laughed and said, "You won the contest man! What, you're not glad to see me?"

 He laughed and said, "You won the contest man! What, you're not glad to see me?"

I stammered and said, "No! It's not that – I just-"

"Ha ha, relax man! I'm only fucking with you." He said. "So you gonna let me in or what?"

"Yeah – yeah! Definitely" I said. So I let him in and almost immediately he made himself right at home as he came in and plopped down on my sofa.