*Chapter One*

The school bell's ring. A sign of happiness for all students and a sign of relief for all teachers. The time when the hallways are jam packed with a bunch of happy high school students for the school day is over. It was Wednesday, for everyone it's just a day in the week but for me and four other students, it was the last day at Lakeside Shores High. We were going to be the school's exchange students of the year. We defines, Me, Clara Edwards, Matthew Von Hart, Eva Gilles, and Nathan Prescott. My Name's Anastasia Clovers, I'm 16 and have Mild depression as well as anxiety. My appearance isn't anything much, just some shoulder length fawn hair,hazel eyes,and a stupid dimple that's deeper than the damn ocean. Clara is my best friend, mainly because we share the same interests and have known each other for years. Her green eyes reminded me of a happy spring time meadow that wasn't in bloom and her bright smile. Clara always wore her hair up in two space buns, on occasion she'd put glitter on the part of her scalp. She has a Girlfriend by the name of Allison, I never see her though, Clara prefers to keep Allison a secret. Matthew was certainly my favorite of the group. Everyone called him Matt. He was so unique. His dark brown hair reminded me of chocolate, his blue eyes resembled a barren ocean, his freckles stood out from his smile,his lips probably tasted like cherry chapstick since he always is putting it on. Of course I'd know, i have a bad habit of staring during class. He was mostly bittersweet to everyone except Me, Eva, and Clara. His best friends. Of course he liked Eva, though it seems me and Eva are sworn enemies, we aren't. In fact, we're pretty good friends. Eva is the sweetest girl in school. Everyone likes her,mainly most people pity her. Since she's had a dark past that haunts her still. Her parents were murdered when she was nine. The case still remains unsolved today. I didn't pity her, I just felt we'd comfort each other.   And Finally, My favorite, Nathan. Me and Nathan go way back. I even slept with him once. He was surprisingly good at you know..sex. Anyways, we were always good friends. One day we decided to go out on a date. That date changed my life. I told him secrets I'd never told anyone, not even Clara. He ended up leaving in the morning the day after we you know, did it. He left a note saying he had business to attend to. I found out he went after someone..I don't know who. One day I hope he tells me. But till then we remain close friends. We made a promise to forget about our affair and keep living our friendship on. I began to put my books away as I let out a sigh. I knew today would be the last time I sat in this classroom for a year. "Are you excited to be spending the next year in London?" A familiar happy voice greeted me in front of my desk. "Of course, Clara. How can you not be excited?" she laughed and then frowned. I could tell the thought of leaving Allison for a year hurt her. "I'm leaving her for a year, Ana. She could cheat on me, change, or figure out that her true sexuality isn't bisexual." I stood up and grabbed her shoulder with my free hand. "It'll be fine, don't worry." She seemed a bit reassured but I could tell the thought still lurked deep in her mind, she was just temporarily pushing it back. We both started walking towards our principal's office, chit-chatting about our day. On the way we ran into Matt, who was glued to his phone texting Eva. He smiled down at me "hello, ms. Clover." I chuckled softly, Matt normally calls me by my last name. He's weird that way. I quietly said hello back and shortly after that, we arrived at the office. Ms. Barlovento greeted us with a warm and professional smile. Eva and Nathan were already there. Nathan leaning on a wall and Eva sitting down by the cherry oak wooden desk. "Salutations, students. I hope your last day here was good. Now I'm going to give you your passes and papers to get in. As well as telling you your programs. Ms. Edwards, you shall be in Art". Clara smiled graciously. Art was her thing, she always had a decent amount of the media she was using on her clothes. Her work has one many prizes in National competitions. Ms. Barlovento started to speak again, "Mr. Von Heart, you shall be Art as well." Matt was an unusual artist. Well, just to me. His go-to thing to draw were nude people. He says it's natural and beautiful at the same time. Draw me like one of your French girls, Matt. I'm kidding. He's nowhere near as hot as Leo in the titanic. "Ms. Clover and Mr. Prescott, you will both be in creative writing." Great, Im with Nathan. This is going to be a long year. He's cold as Ice and his face is like melody. He glanced at me, I could see a smirk in his face. Most of the time he talked with his eyes. I bit my bottom lip as a bunch of weird feelings came over me. I didn't know what was happening. Matt glanced at me and raised his brow. I couldn't get my eyes off of Nathan, so now Matt probably thinks I like Nathan. I wouldn't be shocked if I did. As soon as Ms. Barlovento finished, we all went home to finish packing our luggages and saying goodbye. Our flight to London left at 5:00am eastern time. As soon as I got home I went straight to my room to ponder everything that had gone on. All this  drama..Nathan,Matt, and Clara's worrying had me unsettled. "Ana, Come down stairs please." My mom called for me. I walked downstairs, my hands in my pockets. "Ana, how was school?" I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Boring as usual."  My mom was a lobbyist and she took the day off today so she could go to dinner and supposedly get me a farewell present? At least that's what Kyle told me. Kyle was my Older brother by two years. He was always with his girlfriend, Penelope, if not her than basketball practice. Basically I rarely got to see him. Today he stayed over so he can be with me, other than that he's at his college dorm. "That's great, honey. Well get ready for dinner today." I smiled sorta and ran up to my room. I was excited for dinner. Well, my definition of excitement is a bit different than the normal person's. Dinner was pretty chill, I ate quite fattening foods. I always used to be insecure before Nathan. He made me feel better about my body. With Nathan and Matt on my mind I went to sleep, eager for London tomorrow.