Chapter 2

"Yo Cam I can't wait to go back to things we used to do, you were gone for so long." I say and his face showed no emotion. "Is there something wrong?" I asked. Mom sat down beside me. "Sweetie, Cam isn't actually here for summer." She explained. "What, you're leaving again?" I turned to Cam saying nothing. "I got a phone call from work 3 days ago. They told me I have to go to a business trip for the whole summer." She added. "So what are you trying to say here?" I asked. "Cam is taking you to LA with him and you're spending your summer there." She finished.

"Kay don't get me wrong, I want to spend my summer with Cam but mom I also want to hang out with my friends." I explain. "Sweetie it's not like you're moving to LA, you'll be back after summer and you'll still see them." She says. "Yeah and don't you wanna spend time with your awesome brother?" Cam hugs me. "Of course I do." I say hugging him back. "Great then, you have tomorrow to pack then the next day we leave." He replies. I sighed and nodded.

I went up to my room and texted my friends.

Me: hey guys, sad news I'm flying to LA with Cam for the whole summer

Chloe: wait why?

Me: mom's going on a business trip

Chloe: oh well that sucks, you'll be back though right?

Me: of course

Chloe: okay good just making sure, I'll miss you

Me: I'll miss you too b xoxo

Chloe: you have to keep me updated to what's happening everyday tho or you're dead

Me: sure thang

Chloe: k good gotta blast momma's calling me.

I shut my phone off and went downstairs. Nash and Cam were playing video games. "Oh come on you guys, you'll just be here for one more day and this is what you decided to do?" I ask but they ignore me. I sighed and sat next to them. Nash's phone went off and it was a text from someone called Hayes.

"Nash you got a text from Hayes. Who is Hayes?" I asked. "He's my younger brother. He's actually the same age as you so you might get along pretty well." He explained not taking his eyes off the video game. "You have to be careful though, he can be such a fuckboy." Nash adds. "Eh, I don't care about boys right now. I'm just focused on school and sports." I shrug and put Nash's phone down.

"Well I'm tired y'all, I'm gonna go up to my room." I say. I plopped on my bed and scrolled through my Instagram for a while, until I fell into a deep sleep.