-Prologue-

~8 years ago~

I giggled on the pink bedspread with my best friend, Callie, as we looked at the yearbook, gossiping about the guys. Callie looked at me, smirking, "Okay, Kasai, now you HAVE to tell me... Who's the guy you have a crush on in our class?! You said you'd tell me!" I laughed and blushed, smiling my toothy smile, "Callie, I can't! You'd just laugh!" She pouted at me, "But, you know who I like!" She swung herself up and sat, staring at me. I rolled onto my back and looked back at her, my dark brown hair falling into my eyes, "Yeah, but it's dif-" I stopped dead when I heard a crash downstairs. I shot up off of the bed, "What was that?" I hissed at Callie, She looked petrified, "I-I don't know.." She whispered back. That was when I heard the heavy footsteps of boots up the staircase towards the closed door of Callie's bedroom. I looked around her room and saw the bay window. I looked at her, nodding my head toward it and she nodded. We raced over to it and I lifted up the seat. The space under it had just enough room for both of us. I jumped into the box-like seat and Callie was about to step in as her door was kicked open. She dropped the lid, and screamed, "MOMMA!! DADDY!!" I heard a man with a thick british accent yell at her, "SHUT UP, brat!"

As I lifted the lid again slightly to see the scene, I saw my worst nightmare unfolding. I saw the gun in the man's hand. Him cocking the gun, pulling the trigger, then Callie's scream, which was cut off by the bullet piercing her skull and her blood splattering on the pink bedsheets that we had been on moments before. I watched with wide eyes and I began to shake, tears running down my face. I bit my hand to keep from screaming bloody murder, like I wanted to.

But, it only got worse. Callie's parents ran into the room and before they could even process their daughter's lifeless body, they were both killed in an instant. I sobbed silently for what seemed like hours as I waited for the man to leave the house. I jumped out of the bay window and ran to Callie's cold body. I took her into my arms and held her to my chest. I tried to scream at anything but I couldn't. I tried to call Callie's name, but nothing came from my lips. The tears silently rolled down my face. I gulped as I set Callie back down into the floor and stared at my blood-stained hands. I sniffed and grabbed my shoes, putting them on quickly and I grabbed the picture of us that Callie kept on the bedstand. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know my way back to my house from here. I knew I'd have to wait until morning for anyone to even know anything about what I had just witnessed. Especially since I couldn't speak... As I realized this, I cried harder. I couldn't talk. Callie was gone. My second set of parents were gone. I had my mom and dad, but what was I going to do now..?

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, so I'm trying my hand at suspense-isa stuffs. Please DO NOT hesitate to tell me if it is utter trash!!!

Stay Awesome 

~K