1

A/N

so i'm fairly new to writing but i've had a lot of inspiration lately so i hope you guys enjoy whatever this story comes to be and leave lots of feedback! i'd greatly appreciate it <3

Part 1

Alexa's POV

I don't know who's idea it was for my family to move across the country the beginning of my junior year, but I'd really like to give them a call and let them hear a few choice words of my own.

So to give you some background information, I was a lowkey Cali girl. I didn't live in LA or Hollywood or anything extravagant like that. I lived in a very beat up, almost ghost - town part of the state. I had a few select friends, Peter and Alisha. We hung out everyday and I never did anything without them. We weren't the most popular but we weren't disliked by anyone. When I told them the news about me moving to North Carolina, they actually almost convinced their parents to let them move with me. If that isn't a committed friendship, then I don't know what is.

So, to North Carolina I go. The air is cooler, and there's actual seasons to live through. I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I don't even know what the house looks like.

-----

I look out the car window, watching the raindrops race to the bottom of the window. My little brother, Teegan, was watching his iPad and contently humming along to the songs of whatever show he was watching.

"Honey isn't it beautiful out here?" My annoyingly chirpy mother exclaims.

I nod, not knowing if she saw it or not. I roll my eyes and look back out the window, just in time to see the black pavement of a newly done driveway.

Wow.

The house was huge. I didn't know my family had the money to afford this! There must be at least 5 bedrooms. The exterior was a beautiful chestnut stained brick with white shutters to cover the windows. I look over to Teegan and can't help but smile when I see the excitement rip through his eyes.

"Alexa, take your brother and go pick out your rooms. There's plenty to choose from!"

I step out of our SUV and pick Tee up in my arms. He's only 4 so he isn't that heavy. He plays with my long blond curls as we walk up the steps into our new house. House.

The outside of the house almost underestimated the inside. Teegan squeals and runs up the carpet covered stairs and I couldn't help but laugh. I follow him up and I go into the first room I see on the right of the long, narrow hallway.

The room was right next to the main bathroom and it was big enough for about 8 king sized beds to fit in side by side. This was my room.

-----

After we finish unpacking all of our old home stuff into the new house, I begin to feel a little bit more comfortable. I call Alisha to let her know what the new house is like.

"Alex, that sounds amazing! I really miss you already. I'll definitely come to visit soon." I can hear Peter agree with her through the phone. I hope he's not offended that I called Lish instead of him.

"It's alright, it doesn't feel like a home. Especially without you guys. The worst part? I have to go back to school TOMORROW. I didn't even know that schools went through the month of May." California ended the first week of May, so summer started then. It was very odd to think about school during the last week in May.

"Oh damn Lex. I'm sorry. I have to let you go, breakfast is finished. Let me know if you meet any cute boys tomorrow!" I scoff and she hangs up. Wait, breakfast? It's nearly 1 in the afternoon...

I sigh and go up to my room and decide to decorate a little bit. I hang up pictures of Marilyn Monroe (My idol don't judge) and drape twinkle lights behind my bed. I sit cross legged on my bed and scroll through my phone. People from my new school have already followed me on twitter and instagram. I wonder if they get new people very often. I hope I won't be the talk of the school. As if my thoughts were heard, I get a DM on twitter.

From: eth_reanolds

I don't know you, you don't know me. But stay away from me. I already want nothing to do with you. If I see you at school tomorrow, don't expect to hear any nice words.

What? I don't reply to it, but what is that supposed to mean? I don't know what he looks like, so how am I supposed to stay away from him? I'm very confused and actually kind of worried. I shut my phone off and lay back on my bed, slowly drifting into a deep nap.