Chapter 3

I got out of the hospital early this morning. It's 6 o'clock.

I had texted him at 5:25. I asked him if he wanted to go to the movies, he said yes.

Now I'm getting ready, if this is going to be the last time I see him, I want him to know that I like him.

Buzz Buzz
Hey, Sky.
Me: Hey, I'll see you in an hour😁
I'll be there
~•~
I never went. Right after he texted me, my lungs collapsed. I went straight to the hospital.

He didn't text or call, wait, he did call. Like 1 million times, I couldn't answer. I don't know what I would've said.

I feel awful. I have lung cancer at the age of 17, and on top of that, I stood him up. Not like I could've been there anyway.

He must hate me now. I was so exited to be going to the movies, and now it's ruined. He'll never forgive me.

Knock Knock

"Mom I was supposed to go to the movies with Max, and now it's ruined." I started crying.
"Sky, he'll understand."
"No he won't, I didn't tell him, and I'm not going to."

I feel so bad. I just wanted to see him, to go on a date with him.

Buzz Buzz
Hey Sky, why didn't you come?
Me: Sorry, I feel asleep.
OK. Text me later?
Me: That sounds great.😊
~•~
Two Days Later
I had gotten out of the hospital, like, an hour ago.

Me: Hey, will you come take me somewhere?
Where
Me: Anywhere, I just wanna leave.
OK I'll be there in 30 minutes
Me: OK
~•~
Max took me to Subway. I really didn't care where we went, I just needed a break.

He picked me up at 6:00. And, he even brought me flowers, it was perfect. They were a soft blue, wrapped in purple paper.

I put them in a little pink case on my nightstand.

Buzz Buzz
Hey, sky
Me: Hey Max
I love you
Me: I love you too

I should tell him that I have cancer.

Me: hey. Ummmm, I have lung cancer.
I know. Two days ago, I went to go see u, but you weren't at your house. Your dad was, he told me you were sick. I went to the hospital and saw you crying. The doctors told me.
Me: Why didn't you let me know you were there
Because, I didn't know what to do. I cried the whole way home, and for, like, and hour after.
Me: Will you come see me tomorrow.
Sure.
~•~

Hey Sky.
Sky
Hello
Sky

An hour later

Me: hi, sorry I feel asleep.
That's k.
Me: I love you
I love you too