You're not here

Life is a bitch.

Life can mean a lot of things for different people, but for me life is just one big empty space. I never could've imagined that my life would look the way it does now. Everyday when I wake up feeling empty inside. It just makes me want to sleep forever, because dreams can't hurt? Turns out I was wrong in that department. Things were so much easier when I was a kid so oblivious as to how cruel the world could be. With everything going on I can't help but think of them, of my parents and how I should have stayed back to help that night.

"Are you ok miss?" Looking up I find the cab driver with a concerned look on his face. Glancing at the rear-view window I realize that I had been crying. Quickly whipping away my tears I give the man a slight nod silently praying that, that will never happen again. I can't afford to be looked upon as weak. No, I will not be looked upon as weak. The rest of the trip is quiet as we drive outside of the city. Deciding it couldn't hurt to try and get a little sleep I doze of hoping to rid myself of all that has happened.

-------------------------------------------

"Abby! Wake up we're under attack!" say's my mom barging into my room now filled with smoke. I jump out of bed and run towards my window, as I look outside I see pack warriors running towards the forest line baring their teeth at the enemy, as fire bares down on everyone and everything in its path. Before I could make out anything else I'm dragged away by my mother.

"You need to get down to the basement where the tunnel is and run. Do you hear me?" I nod not quite comprehending what she said, turning we make are way down the stairs towards our private tunnel that leads to outside pack territory. Mom types in the code before opening the door and pushing me in. I go to grab her hand, but she closes the door.

"Mom! What the hell are you doing?!" Using all the strength I could gather I try knocking it down.

"Sweetheart stop.....that's never going to work and you know it." I slowly stop, my body falling to the floor, as tears fall down my cheeks. "Your father and I have a duty to this pack. We are staying even if it kills us."

"What about me! I need my parents... I need my mom." I can feel the pain my mom is in through our bond and it just makes cry even harder.

"You are my daughter which means you are so strong...." she stops as a sob racks through her. "And you have to survive, I will not let you die because of this."

Before I can respond my body feels like it's on fire and a piece of my soul is torn off.

-------------------------------------------

I'm jolted awake by the honking of the car or cars around us. Looking outside I see that we are at the outskirts of Seattle. While the cars keep honking I'm mesmerized by the thick forest surrounding us. I can feel my skin twitch my wolf begging to be let out.   Since we weren't that far from where I had to be I decided that a run would be nice.

"Excuse me, Mr. Cab driver would you mind letting me out right here, please?" The driver looks at me like I've lost my mind.

"Miss, I don't know if I feel comfortable doing that." I fight the urge to roll my eyes. I would like to think my mom raised me better than that. Instead I hand him four fifty dollar bills, his eyes light up, humans and their greed. Before he can utter his gratitude I step out of the car throwing my bag across my back.

As I weave through the traffic I can feel people staring through their windows. I hate it. I wish people could just mind their damn business, but humans for some reason need to know the reasoning behind everything even if it has both to do with them.