The walk

I looked behind me as the mysterious figure glided effortlessly behind me in the shadows. I try panic but realisation soon halts my tongue, heart and body in my tracks. A wave of energy surged through my body as i turn to confront the figure, An array of emotions seeped in rapidly - was i Scared? Angry? Upset? Annoyed? or just plain Confused? I dont know, but i was sure i had to stop the feelings before they intensify and that seemed to be the only solution i could think of.

I looked around with a puzzeled expression... where did he go? As i try shake the thought out of my head knowing i dodged a bullet there, the voices in my head make me question myself more and more.

"Was i imagining it?" i say to myself in a low tone. I quickly glanced around my surroundings before entering a small, empty deserted street. As i walk, a loud ear peircing noise arised and broke the peaceful silence which caused my poor old heart to skip a beat. I felt a vibration coming from my jacket and i reach in. " It was just my alarm" i say in a grateful tone to myself.

"Damn, im going to be late", i started to break away from my steady pace and transitioned myself into a run (and quite smoothly i must say). I soon stopped to catch my breath. A sigh of relief escaped into the cold air as i saw the sillouete of my parents cars outside the house. Just the thought of being next to the fireplace brought life back to my nimble fingers.

Seeing as though the house was in the line of sight i decieded to keep walking and walking 'till i reached the house. With a victory cup of hot cocoa in my mind i slowly built pace,Seeing as though the figure was nearby it would/should soon enough appear the scared little wuss i am didn't dare look back. Suddenly i catch a glimphs of the figure and i broke out into a run with the figure soon following suit.

I leaped up the porche steps like an elegant leopard and used my nimble fingers to open the door and close it once i had gotten through (usain bolt, watch out coz im comin' ). Once in the house i made some hot cocoa and sat next to the fireplace hoping the mysterious figure had gone. Curiosity soon got the better of me as i found myself moving off my toasty spot and walking towards the window. To my surprise the figure was still there- lurking in the shadows just...starin' at me. Even though i couldn't see its eyes i still felt a shiver down my spine like i was staring at the face of death itself.

The strange figure seemed to have been stepping out the shadows just before i had closed the curtain and that brought a sense of alarm in my brain.In no time at all i saw my feet running up and down the stairs switching off all the lights and hiding on the couch with a blanket over me.

Thud. Thud. Thud. The sound of Timberlands echoed around the house... could this be the end for me?...