Anabelle Origin (Anabelle The Shadow)

On a dark night with only the light of the street lamps shining on the freshly washed 1981 Trans Am Pontiac Firebird, owned by a 18 year old woman with her little sister 12 years of age coming back from a shopping trip. The lights of a semi truck shined in Nova's eyes she took her hands off the wheel for a moment to block the bright light and next thing Chance knew they slammed into the semi. The impact of the car against the semi pushed 18 year old Nova and 12 year old Chance against the front window smashing through the thick glass. The screams of the two sisters and the metal crushing brought the semi driver back to consciousness, he saw the crushed in head of the oldest sister and the unconscious state of the younger sister. Frantically dialing 911 he slurred the highway number to the operator and fell down on his knees looking at damage he had done, closing his eyes for one second ruined these girl's lives forever.

Chance's Point of View

"Come on Chance let's go."

Cara, my pale faced tear stained mother said in a raspy voice, I nodded dazed by the news. Silent tears run down mother's cheeks, I look at her and cry silently along with the older woman, I honestly would be wailing right now but my damaged vocal cords prevented me. My oldest sister, my only sister, just died, what did she do to deserve this? I can't believe this, who the hell was this person who stole the life of my dear sister!

I look up with now angry tears violently running down my face, I glance at my mom her head down tears silently dripping onto the white floor. I never understood how someone could just take a life of an innocent girl, she didn't deserve anything that has happened to her. I look down at my shaking palms and see this odd black mist coming out of them, I stare at them confused as the mist started to clear from around them, the pumping in my chest slowing to a steady pace, I look back up at my mother seeing her tears still dancing down her pale sickly looking face.

I smile up at her as soon as she glanced in my direction trying to cheer her up, she stared for a moment and then half-hearted smile stretched across her face. I felt accomplished for getting a smile out of her even if it was a half-hearted one, I went back to by dazed state hearing my mom sigh at my emotionless features. She pulled me out of the clean hospital bed I was disconnected from, hearing that all I had was a stress fracture on my left cheek, damaged vocal cords that had to be stitched, and a concussion, the nurse explained it wasn't too serious even with the stitches, I just may not be able to talk for a long time. The stitches stretched from the left side of my lower neck to the right, but were covered with a gauze wrap slightly stained with blood from me moving my neck.

My mother started dragging me from my hospital room to the doors to the outside which is something I haven't seen in five days, In my dazed form I didn't even notice her holding a little hard onto my wrist, slightly digging her chipped nails into my arm but from her expression it didn't look like she was trying hurt me she just wanted to get out from the hospital that failed my sister. I wanted out to get out of here too but not as much as she did apparently, she started to checking me out of the hospital at the reception while I sat on one of the uncomfortable blue chairs. Looking down at my black worn converse that I wore on the night of the crash tears started running down my emotionless face yet again, it just was not fair. As I look up I see my mother standing at the doors waiting for me to walk out of them first, wiping my tears I push my body up out of the chair and drag my heavy body out the doors.

The air around me was slightly warm closing my eyes feeling the sensation of the wind flowing through my abnormal white hair that landed just below my chin, My pupils dilating showing more of the bright blue iris that everyone has come to love.

"You won't be able to go back to gymnastics or acrobatics for a while honey, doctors orders."

My mother said in an orderly yet loving voice after I had finished my moment. I nod, my bangs jumping up and down as I did so. I am upset that I can't be handing upside down for aerial rings or falling from balance beams, but I guess that my damaged and bruised feet from all the years of practice could use a break.