Chapter 12

"So let me get this straight, you think your brothers didn't dispose of your boy toy properly, and now he might still be alive? Wow, now I didn't even expect that." Katherine said earning a small glare from me before I returned my eyes back on the road.

Right now we were heading to her witch acquaintances home, she told me her name was Lucy, but that's all I know of her. I still have an old note that Gillovan gave to me days before he proposed we ran away together, and honestly I'm not even sure why I still have it. If he was still alive, there would be many complications, and we'd have to be more alert than ever.

I gripped the steering wheel a bit tight, and then relaxed. "He wasn't my boy toy, I was his. Days before you arrived at our home, Gillovan had given me the option of running away with him, to live the fairy tale life I always wanted. He was never violent, but one day he just lost it. It was the day he turned me...."

Flashback to 1864 (1 month after running away with Gillovan)

I was in my, our room, with Maya, Gillovan's maid, she was tying up my dress for the corset, when Gillovan bashed into the room, causing the both of us to jump in surprise.

"Out Maya. Now!" He screamed into room, making it echo against the walls.

Maya gave me an apologetic look, before she walked out the room. Why would she give me a look like that? Gillovan walked straight over to me, and slapped me straight across the face. The force was too strong, and it sent me straight to the floor.

I grabbed hold of my cheek, and listened to his harsh words. "You, you ruined it all for me!" What on earth was he speaking about? He started pacing back and forth.

"Wh-what are you talking about Gillovan?" He stopped pacing, walked over to me, and pulled me up for the ground.

That's when I noticed it, his eyes were changing. He let go of me, and smiled wickedly. Before I even had time to ask him what was going on, he bit down on his wrist, and made me drink the blood that was pouring out. I struggled against the grip he took hold of on my back, but it was no use.

"Perfect." That was the last thing I heard from him before I felt a quick never ending pain on my neck.

End of flashback

"When I awoke, he already had my first victim waiting there for me, Maya. I fed, and transformed into a sired monster. He told me to do something, and I did it, he asked me to lie, I'd do it. I was a toy, yet he told me he loved me everyday." I finished off saying.

I felt Katherine look over at me, but I didn't want to look at her for now. "The reason I always hated you Katherine was for doing that with my brothers. I had experienced many things, and I turned before them, even if it was only by a few days. They didn't know about me, and nor I of them, but even to today I hate Gillovan with all my, well, heart. But, now I have to set aside my anger."

"Well, then at least you were honest, right? Cause honestly, I've never really liked you either, but like you said, we'll set aside our anger, and differences." she finished off. I glanced over to her, and noticed the smug smile on her face.

I rolled my eyes, and went back to focusing on our destination.

Tyler's POV (Bet you didn't see that one coming Cx)

"I know Tyler, I know about you and Verena." Caroline said making me snap my head to her direction.

I walked over to her, but stopped once I noticed the tears in her eyes. I thought it was over long ago. "Caroline, I'm sorry, but I was gone for so long, too long, and everything changed." I said sighing.

I loved Caroline, I did, but with Verena everything felt right, I also loved her, and I just felt more connected.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. Tyler, you lied! I was so stupid in Believing you in the first place. The 'I loves you' they were all lies, and worthless."She looked angry. Before I could reply, I felt her hand come in contact with my cheek. I guess I had it coming.

She left without saying a word, well not to me of course. I heard her talking to someone, Verena in particular, and then I heard the same sound that I had heard a while ago. She slapped her too.

I wanted to go out and help her, but Mason beat me to her. She wanted to see Katherine, I don't know why, but they ended up leaving together.

Mason came back to the living room, but before he even spoke a word to me, there was a knock on the door. He sighed, before going to open it. I followed behind him, and stared in shock as I saw who stood behind the door Mason had just opened. Kol Mikaelson.

"Kol, what are you doing here?"

"I was wondering." He started off stepping inside my home. "Why is that Verena had changed her mind from one day, to another? It's got me on edge because we had a connection."

I scoffed, and crossed my arms over my chest. "Verena loves me, and I'd like it if you stayed away from her." This time I was more serious, and even closer to his face.

He laughed, and pushed past me, and noticed Mason observing us from the living room entrance. "The family resemblance is un canning! And as for your request, it can be fulfilled, that is, if Verena can stay away from me." he he smirked, and sped out of the house in an instance.

Verena's POV

We had arrived at the home Lucy was staying in, and had found out some interesting information. First of all, Gillovan, he, he wasn't dead. His current residency was in a desolated part outside of Mystic Falls, I don't know where, but there aren't many homes to choose from, so it wouldn't be hard. The second thing was about Kol. I had asked Lucy if it was possible to stop someone's death, even if they were linked to someone. Katherine knew who I was probably talking about, and gave me a questioning look. She had told me that it was nearly impossible, especially if we were both vampires.

"Well, now that we've got the details to your lover boy, can we go?" Katherine asked obviously frustrated with being here too long.

"Alright, thanks Lucy." I said before heading towards the open door. I didn't make it far, because the door was closed, obviously by Lucy. I turned to face her, and so did Katherine. "What's this?"

"Oh poor Verena, not realizing that there are contacts all over the world! But, my most closest one is a good friend of mine called Gil, but that's just a short nickname for the real name." She stopped, and smiled devilishly before continuing. "Gillovan."

My jaw dropped open, and Katherine seemed more shocked than surprised. He knew about me, she knew!

The door behind us opened, and I quickly turned to face whoever it was. There before me, stood Gillovan James Sanders. My world seemed to stop, and I felt dizziness overcome me.

"Verena, my love." Was the last thing I heard before passing out.

*********

VERENA my love! LOL. OMG! Gillovan has made an intrusion back into her world! What in the world was he thinking?! Oh my.

So, what do you think about Kol's confrontation to Tyler? What do you think he meant by saying That he can do his request, if Verena can stay away from him?

Well, guys, this book is sadly coming to an end, well, not soon, but I only have 7 or 8 chapters left of it. Yes, it's been good, but the end is near....in this book that is.

Remember, comment, vote! I want to hear from you guys!

8 votes, and 4 comments for the next chapter. ❤️

Xoxo, have fun!